KerrieD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KerrieD Posted 10 May 2010 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 10

How is the zebra pattern done?

9 replies
reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 10 May 2010 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 10

There are a couple of ways to do the zebra print. One you can use fondant, roll it out and cut out the zebra stripe patterns, or two, you can paint on the zebra stripes if you use fondant to cover the cake. You can also pipe it on if you don't want to use fondant but I find it does not look as good. Hope this helps.

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 10 May 2010 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 10

You can also roll out some white, add thin strips of black and then roll it out together (saw that on Cake Boss last night)

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 10 May 2010 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 10

You can also roll out some white, add thin strips of black and then roll it out together (saw that on Cake Boss last night)

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 10 May 2010 , 5:20pm
post #5 of 10

On my zebra cakes (there are two in my pics) I just cut stripes out of black fondant and place them on a white buttercream covered cake. I don't use any adhesive, the stripes stick in the buttercream very well.

cnhiatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cnhiatt Posted 10 May 2010 , 5:37pm
post #6 of 10

I just roll out some black fondant and cut out zebra stripes with a pizza cutter. Then I put just a little bit of water on the back of the stripes and stick them on the cake that is already covred in white fondant. It's very easy, but it does take a while.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 10 May 2010 , 7:55pm
post #7 of 10
Shannon1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannon1129 Posted 10 May 2010 , 9:43pm
post #8 of 10

I used really thin black fondant cut with a pizza cutter and applied to the buttercream. It was simple and fun, but a bit time consuming. (Pic in my album)

awestervelt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awestervelt Posted 10 May 2010 , 10:02pm
post #9 of 10

I went and bought some zebra striped scrapbooking paper and used that as a template for my stripes. I then rolled out my balck fondant and with a sharp thin knife I cut the pieces out. It was very time consuming but it looked pretty good when I was done. I'm getting ready to do another one of those cakes this weekend.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 10 May 2010 , 10:17pm
post #10 of 10

I just roll out black fondant or black modeling chocolate and use my cricut cake and a file that I made and it cuts out the zebra print for me. Much less time consuming.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%