Strawberrycake And Lemon Filling?

Decorating By happycakesbysarah Updated 10 Jan 2011 , 9:27pm by happycakesbysarah

happycakesbysarah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
happycakesbysarah Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 5

Someone has asked me to make a strawberry cake with lemon filling. They like these individually but I do not think they have had them together. Will these flavors work together? I was going to do strawberry cake WASC style and do the lemon pudding with heavy cream and milk filling so the flavors shouldn't be too overpowering. Any thoughts?

4 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 10 May 2010 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 5

It doesn't sound that appetizing to me, but if that's what the customer asked for, I'd go ahead and make it for them. Everyone has their own taste, I guess!

cakesbymindysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymindysue Posted 10 May 2010 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 5

I think it will be okay. People have strawberry lemonade all the time.

Iggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iggy Posted 10 May 2010 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 5

I've made a WASC cake with lemon filling and fresh rasperries on top. What about a lemon wasc cake with raspberry mousse filling?

They probably wouldn't like it. I like your idea of adding the heavy cream & milk to make a mousse. Like JGMB said, if that's what they want...

Can't wait to see it!

happycakesbysarah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
happycakesbysarah Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 5

I forgot to post after I made this cake how it turned out. Cake was super cute and colors were pretty because of pink cake and pale yellow filling. The clients loved it. She mainly loves lemon filling and wanted strawberry cake because it was for her daughter's strawberry shortcake birthday. Anyway, cake tasted fine. Not my favorite but it was good. I did overhear one guest comment on the "odd flavors to put together but it tastes fine." I would have felt awful if people didn't like the taste since it was a big party. So it worked but just wouldn't be my first choice. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%