Shower Cake Ideas For 80 Wives Of Deployed Marines????

Decorating By sherri530 Updated 10 May 2010 , 7:13pm by sherri530

sherri530 Posted 10 May 2010 , 6:30am
post #1 of 5

Hi, I am donating a cake or cupcake tower for a shower for the expecting wives of deployed Marines. I'm really excited about this project because as the mom of 4 I can't imagine anything worse than not having my husband share the birth of our children. Anyway the slogan of group is: The Few, The Proud , The Expecting! I will need to incorparate this somehow, but other than that I have free riegn. I'm thinking red, white, and blue for colors, since it's gender nuetral. I was hoping to use my cricut cake machine. The is a really cute circus theme that would be adorable in rwb. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be most appeciated! I need to deliver fri. night, so I don't have a lot of time to think about it! Thanks!!!!!

4 replies
GI Posted 10 May 2010 , 12:37pm
post #2 of 5

I think what you said above would be so very cute. Also, I like the idea of cupcakes. That way, the mom's could just get one (or two!) off the cupcake tree and not have to cut a cake up that large for that many people! LOL!!! (I get this picture of someone with a large belly trying to get close enough to reach.... icon_lol.gif )

The colors with the theme sound adorable. icon_smile.gif

Lovebug13 Posted 10 May 2010 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 5

thats an awesome thing youre doing! im sure anything you make will come out great and the mommies are gonna love it! love the circus theme with rw&b. maybe you could make big circus flags and write one saying on each and have them coming out the top of a 3 tier cake or write one part on each tier. cupcakes would be easier but not sure how you would incorporate the saying. good luck. post pics!

sweetbn Posted 10 May 2010 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 5

There have been some super cute sail boat, nautical cakes posted too that you could make for the top of a cupcake tower. Maybe the cupcakes could have little flags, or baby items as toppers. The icing for the cupcakes could be rw & b.

sherri530 Posted 10 May 2010 , 7:13pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the support! I think I just needed to hear the circus theme wasn't ridiculous! I really liked the nautical theme as well. GI, I am also laughing at the thought of pregnant bellies at the cupcake tower! Hopefully we won't have a tower crash! Thanks again! I will post photos of the finished result!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%