Lavender And Sage Decorations?

Decorating By krazigirl79 Updated 10 May 2010 , 6:44am by krazigirl79

krazigirl79 Posted 10 May 2010 , 3:45am
post #1 of 3

The bride I'm making a cake for next weekend has the colors of Lavender and Sage. She really didn't really have any other direction for me other than "No fondant" and she does want chocolate cake and vanilla buttercream. So I'm making a chocolate cake version of the WASC, with a white buttercream frosting- but I'm lost as to how I should go about working with sage and lavender colors.

Have any of you used this color scheme for a cake before? Any ideas on how I can keep it simple but still keep the elegance using those colors?

THANKS!!!

2 replies
mamawrobin Posted 10 May 2010 , 5:36am
post #2 of 3

I love the colors. Are you making flowers for the cake? What type of decorations are you putting on the cake? Answering those questions will help us help you. thumbs_up.gif Sage and Lavender are great color choices. IMO

krazigirl79 Posted 10 May 2010 , 6:44am
post #3 of 3

That is exactly what I'm trying to figure out, lol!

I think I might make some buttercream flowers in those colors tomorrow and just alternate the lavender, sage and white colored flowers. But truthfully I am not sure how I'm going to handle it. I was thinking I could use the flowers in the seam, or do a beaded seam instead... but I've never made flowers before- I'm watching tutorials right now and I'll practice tomorrow to see if it is possible (she called me on Friday asking me for a cake for this coming Saturday, so it wasn't a whole lot of notice for a novice!).

If you have ideas of what would look nice, but still simple, I am all ears, lol! Thanks for replying!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%