So Excited! My First Cake

Decorating By momma2many Updated 10 May 2010 , 10:25pm by momma2many

momma2many Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma2many Posted 10 May 2010 , 12:10am
post #1 of 13

I just uploaded pics of my first ever decorated cake! the person who I know that makes fondant cakes is 5 hours away from me and I really wanted one for my daughters birthday. I had gone to Hobby lobby to take classes and they are on hold till june icon_cry.gif but I deciced to take a dive and make the cake I wanted myself (thinking I would just run to walmart and buy a ckae if it didnt work out) took me 2 days but I did it and it was much better than I expected. untill this my only cake expirence has been spreading a can of icing and candy letters! hope you enjoy!Image

12 replies
JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 10 May 2010 , 12:15am
post #2 of 13

Too Cool... Cant wait to see your second cake icon_smile.gif

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 10 May 2010 , 12:24am
post #3 of 13

Omg, that's your first cake?

I wish I had your talent!

pinkorchid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkorchid Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:07am
post #4 of 13

WOW! Great job!! Bet your daughter LOVED it icon_smile.gif

momma2many Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:30am
post #5 of 13

thank you so much, I get an Idea in my head and then figure it out. this week I am going to try to make a cake that looks like a mushroom like the backpack that I made my daughter. Image she will be helping alot with it so it may not be great but it should be good mother daughter fun and that is what it is all about. it will be for her class at school. I feel bad for my dh because I decided to start doing this and he was just diagnosed with diabetes on friday. he had been waiting all week to try the cake too.... btw Gomo your cakes are adorable!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:36am
post #6 of 13

that's beautiful!!!

BrightDelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrightDelights Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:37am
post #7 of 13

You have real talent, Nice Job!

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 10 May 2010 , 11:45am
post #8 of 13

momma2many, thank you,

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 10 May 2010 , 12:31pm
post #9 of 13

That's a great cake!!! Cool backpack, too! icon_razz.gif

jjaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjaj Posted 10 May 2010 , 12:43pm
post #10 of 13

great job! can't wait to see the mushroom one! i'm sure your daughter will love making it with you! my kids are really little still, but they love watching me create my cakes, especially if it's for them!

ramie7224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramie7224 Posted 10 May 2010 , 12:44pm
post #11 of 13

I'm impressed. I'm somewhere around cake number 20 and mine don't look anywhere near that good! I will say, though, that I learn something new every time.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 10 May 2010 , 12:44pm
post #12 of 13

I take it this means you've been bitten by the cake bug, too. It's a good thing, because you've got a talent for this! I hope it brings you as much joy as it has to all of us on CC!!

momma2many Posted 10 May 2010 , 10:25pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks again everyone, yes I have been bit by the bug, lol. I was able to sign up for the first class in June but I dont know what date yet. I guess all of my friends have cakes in there near future

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%