Penny Cake

Decorating By danasobel Updated 15 May 2010 , 2:37pm by danasobel

danasobel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danasobel Posted 9 May 2010 , 11:08am
post #1 of 5

A friend of mine has requested a birthday cake for her mother whose name is Penny. She would like me to make a cake for her that looks like a Penny. Any idea?

Thanks

Dana icon_confused.gif

4 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 9 May 2010 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 5

I made a coin cake for my husband's birthday, it can be seen in my photos. I cut out each element of the coin (such as Lincoln's head) from fondant and then put them on a circle of fondant and painted it with metallic luster dust.

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 9 May 2010 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 5

I made a quarter for a friend's 25th birthday--and did it as a fbct with 2 shades of grey...you could do a penny one with copper and brown details

danasobel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danasobel Posted 15 May 2010 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 5

Thankyou so much for all your ideas. I wound up getting a fake play penny and blowing it up at Staples. I ct out Lincoln and put on top of a 10 inch round cake. I painted with copper dust mixed with a little vodka. cut out letters and carved the lines of the coin. It really came out great. It was a practice, but decided to wrap it up with sarah wrap and put away until I need it. I will make a chocolate cake and wrap the sides with fondant painted the same copper. I will post the picture when I am finished with it. thanks for all your great ideas.

I have one more question. How much would you charge for this cake. It is actually my very first sale. It will be a 10 inch round.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%