Cupcakes For A Wedding?

Baking By YummyChoo Updated 12 May 2010 , 8:07pm by 60sBunny

YummyChoo Posted 9 May 2010 , 9:34am
post #1 of 4

Someone has enquired about having cupcakes for 180 people, approx how many medium not muffin sized cupcakes and bitsize cupcakes should they have??

3 replies
cylstrial Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 4

There was a thread on this a while ago. I think we decided that there should be at least 2 cupcakes per person. So 360 cupcakes.

cylstrial Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 4

I should add, cakers were telling stories about how people thought they could have as many cupcakes as they want. And that a lot of people ate more than one.

But maybe one person eats 3 and one lady eats 1. So it would still even out to 2 a person.

Hope that helps.

60sBunny Posted 12 May 2010 , 8:07pm
post #4 of 4

I use muffin papers, 5 cm on the botton and 3.8cm tall. That is a standard cupcake for us.

And some of my customers have asked if half is ok for each guest!!!!!
I told them straight they would seem cheap if they went for it, but no one will accept any suggestions of more than one cupcake per guest either.

You can certainly suggest it, but as the standard wedding slice in UK in only 2 inches and not the american 4, 1 of my muffin case cupcakes is equivilent to a slice of cake and that is what I suggest and most of my customers want.

If you dont think they re getting a "portion" of cake whatever your portion is, then you may suggest 2 per person, which is easier to suggest if they are getting more than one flavour.

Quote by @%username% on %date%