Can You Belive This Guy?

Lounge By motherofgrace Updated 13 May 2010 , 8:32pm by tonedna

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:37pm
post #31 of 80

First let me tell you that I am sorry that he said this to you!

My come back would have been:

I'm not fat....I'm just hard to kidnap!!! icon_lol.gif

I do like the comment, of not being fat just fluffy, I've used that one a time or two.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:39pm
post #32 of 80

What a turd. A teeny-weenie turd.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:41pm
post #33 of 80

Unfortunately some people can only feel good about themselves by putting down others. That's what hubby and I call "ugly Americans". . . and there are plenty of people whose lives are so miserable the only way they can get through the day is to make others miserable right along with them.

I have a t-shirt that says "Sometimes I wish I was a monkey so I could throw poop on people and it would be legal." That's how I feel about people like this. icon_lol.gif

newmansmom2004 Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:45pm
post #34 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by justducky

The only comment I have ever received back is "what's mensa?" Enough said.

LOL - that says it all!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:46pm
post #35 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

I have a t-shirt that says "Sometimes I wish I was a monkey so I could throw poop on people and it would be legal." That's how I feel about people like this. icon_lol.gif

The guy who owned the convenience store up the street from us in Boston was really mad at something a customer had done one day, and he was fuming about it. He told my husband "In my country, we would be allowed to chase him down the street and slap him!" I don't know where he was from, but wouldn't that be an awesome rule? icon_rolleyes.gif

nanikins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanikins Posted 9 May 2010 , 3:03pm
post #36 of 80

Theodore Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

This guy: "If you don't have one, ACT like a big d*ck."

Sorry you had to endure this kind of behavior.

ctinaw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctinaw Posted 9 May 2010 , 3:16pm
post #37 of 80

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Even though I'm sure you know this guy was just a jerk - and probably is 23/7 - it doesn't make it hurt any less. What can you do though?

Unfortunately in this world - or maybe fortuately - we can only control ourselves - and nobody else. Take what he said with a grain of salt - becaue I guarantee you it meant NOTHING to him - it was just something for him to giggle at with himself for a moment - and by now it's completely forgotten - lost in the sea of the thousands of rude remarks he's made to various people in his lifetime.

I'm sure you have so many people in your life who love you and think you're a beautiful person just as you are. This guy is an insignificant prick - and his opinion means nothing.

Stay classy chick. (hugs)

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 9 May 2010 , 3:33pm
post #38 of 80

I say the guy has no brains and it's deinitively quite rude. He need
some classes on how to be polite!
Edna

tonedna Posted 9 May 2010 , 3:38pm
post #39 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise87

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbaker55

P.S. He probably has a teeny weenie.

*giggle* hehe icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

I remember when I was in high scool I had a crush on what at the time
was one of the most popular guys in school. I was overweight all my life.
He was at band just like me. Once we where waiting for our family to pick us up after school and he looks at me and said
"Edna, you have a pretty face. If you loose weigh I would go out with you"

icon_eek.gif I was devastated..
But hey...I wish he could see me now so I can say..hey if you where not so short I would go out with you! icon_twisted.gif

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

newmansmom2004 Posted 9 May 2010 , 3:59pm
post #40 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

I remember when I was in high scool I had a crush on what at the time was one of the most popular guys in school. I was overweight all my life. He was at band just like me. Once we where waiting for our family to pick us up after school and he looks at me and said

But hey...I wish he could see me now so I can say..hey if you where not so short I would go out with you! icon_twisted.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

For sure, Edna. I heard it said once that "looking good is the best revenge". OK, maybe it was "living well", but I like "looking good"! LOL! Bet he'd drop a jaw if he saw you today.

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 9 May 2010 , 4:01pm
post #41 of 80

Sorry that happened-- you just can't fix stupid.

QueenMo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenMo Posted 9 May 2010 , 4:31pm
post #42 of 80

and that's why he goes home to his sad lonely life every night. icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 9 May 2010 , 4:33pm
post #43 of 80
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

I remember when I was in high scool I had a crush on what at the time was one of the most popular guys in school. I was overweight all my life. He was at band just like me. Once we where waiting for our family to pick us up after school and he looks at me and said

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

For sure, Edna. I heard it said once that "looking good is the best revenge". OK, maybe it was "living well", but I like "looking good"! LOL! Bet he'd drop a jaw if he saw you today.

I went to my high school reunion..That was fun. Some where even saying I had surgeries done!..Which I havent done any,lol
But I haven't seen him... My guess is, he is not looking the same these days... icon_razz.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 9 May 2010 , 4:36pm
post #44 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMo

and that's why he goes home to his sad lonely life every night. icon_smile.gif

I love this, and it's probably true. Most of the guys I know that are looking
for a perfect woman find themselves living alone for the rest of their lives.
Happiness is not found on the outside it's found on the inside. A good heart is a must..beauty fades..but the heart always stays strong.
Edna icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 May 2010 , 4:52pm
post #45 of 80

Some people are just plain ignorant...Period! So sorry he spoke to you that way..I would have had a good comeback but then again you never have one when you are expecting some comment like that...

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:01pm
post #46 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweetheart-

thanks everyone!

im ok now, it was just unbelivable!!!

And im not fat, im fluffy!!!! LMAO!

I didn't read all the replies (and love the fact that you were able to find a laugh in the hurtful words) but wanted to pass along a tee-shirt slogan from the late seventies, early eighties:

"I know I'm fat, but you are ugly --and I can lose weight."

Just a little extra humor to pass along...

And this: why is it that those of us who have a little extra "fluff" are still the ones others can say horrid, hurtful things to/about?

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:08pm
post #47 of 80

Its really hard when it happens to your daughter. We were at a family birthday party, and everyone was having birthday cake, and my father-in-law, pipes up when my daugher went for cake...Do you really think you should have any, your getting very big. He said this, with everyone watching. I just wanted t die, no one said anything, I was so stunned that I couldn't say anything, and didn't want to bring any more attention to it, but it killed me. People think that you deserve it, for letting yourself go. But, my daughter has struggled with weight for all of her life, while her friends were eating pizza, junk food, she was dieting. She played sports, basketball, and volleyball, so she was even an active kid. We all know how hard it is to always stay on a diet, and it has always been a struggle with her. She had lap band surgery a year ago, and has lost 120 lbs, she is looking so good, but you know...I don't think she will ever forget that comment that her grandpa said to her that day. I know that he was trying to help her, but it wasn't the place or time. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest, it happened 5 years ago, but I still think about it, and how she must have felt that day.
So sorry that this jerk made that comment to you, I just can't believe the nerve of people, that think its o.k. to say something like that.

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:32pm
post #48 of 80

That's just about the most insensitive thing I can imagine someone saying. I'm so sorry he said that to you. I imagine his life is pretty empty with his nasty attitude and his need to put others down, probably in an attempt to build himself up. He needs more help for his horrid personality than you'll ever need for any extra weight you may want to lose.

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:51pm
post #49 of 80
Quote:

Unfortunately some people can only feel good about themselves by putting down others. That's what hubby and I call "ugly Americans". . . and there are plenty of people whose lives are so miserable the only way they can get through the day is to make others miserable right along with them.

This is what I tell my children whenever they happen to be in a situation like this ON THE PLAYGROUND. It's sad that adults behave in such an immature manner. Send him back to preschool!

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 9 May 2010 , 8:15pm
post #50 of 80

Edna - - -hahahhahahha!!! You are funny & I love those "reunion" stories!

People are just simple, arent they?

My grandma used to say "you pray for people like that". I guess that's what I always revert back to. But, most times, you want to return the humiliating experience ten fold!!!

I say - no worries! it'll come back to them all!

tonedna Posted 9 May 2010 , 8:47pm
post #51 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvMarie

Edna - - -hahahhahahha!!! You are funny & I love those "reunion" stories!

People are just simple, arent they?

My grandma used to say "you pray for people like that". I guess that's what I always revert back to. But, most times, you want to return the humiliating experience ten fold!!!

I say - no worries! it'll come back to them all!

Usually it does come back..I say in a few years maybe he will be the one
carrying the pounds. Is not nice to make fun of people..it comes back to hunt you!
Edna

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 9 May 2010 , 9:05pm
post #52 of 80

I looked at your blog/website too and you look just fine! That guy had a major problem.

I hope he didn't say it in front of your cute little girl (if that's who was in the photos with you on your site.)

MandCsMOM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandCsMOM Posted 9 May 2010 , 9:11pm
post #53 of 80

I get comments on my weight also.... I just smile and say Thank You for noticing me. I have sometimes also said... What??? You mean I'm not thin??? OMG, why didnt anyone tell me?? Thank you soooo much for pointing it out to me!!

I am sorry though, that you had to deal with an ignorant person!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 9 May 2010 , 9:23pm
post #54 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

sorry he was so rude. I would have thrown a cupcake at his head. but that's just me.

That was my first thought, also .... ooh, I'd have thrown a cupcake at him! Then, right away, I realized no, I wouldn't, what a waste of delicious baked goods!!

Can you tell that I'm "fluffy" too? icon_lol.gif

newmansmom2004 Posted 9 May 2010 , 9:34pm
post #55 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

sorry he was so rude. I would have thrown a cupcake at his head. but that's just me.

LOL - a la Mrs. Doubtfire when Robin Williams chucks the lime at what's-his-name's head then blames someone else and makes a comment about a "drive by fruiting".

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 9 May 2010 , 9:35pm
post #56 of 80

I would have said " Don't you wish you could have a fat girl like me "- After I finished whipping the ground with his face..lol!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 May 2010 , 9:47pm
post #57 of 80

How does that famous rock song go that I really REALLY like and kinda adapted as my theme song? Oh yeah.......

"Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

(for those too young to remember this classic song):

(it's a great drivin' song!) icon_biggrin.gif

newmansmom2004 Posted 9 May 2010 , 9:57pm
post #58 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

How does that famous rock song go that I really REALLY like and kinda adapted as my theme song? Oh yeah.......

"Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

(for those too young to remember this classic song):

(it's a great drivin' song!) icon_biggrin.gif

AWESOME song, Debi! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

CakeItGood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeItGood Posted 9 May 2010 , 10:01pm
post #59 of 80

Sorry that happened to you!

People can be soooo strange sometimes. Wonder if he was on medication, illegal drugs, hungover, or if he was just a plain old idiot. We used to have a retail store and would joke around about "The Wacko Five Percent". 95% of our customers were fantastic! Or at least perfectly normal icon_smile.gif The remaining 5% were why the tequila was kept on hand (hee hee!).

Looked at your blog ... you have quite a talent, and it seems that you are having good success at the market. Beautiful work, and you deserve all the praise in the world for being a talented, self-motived, beautiful inside & out person! Keep those chins up! (spoken from someone who just discovered that her 2nd chin is getting a big butt).

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 9 May 2010 , 10:19pm
post #60 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:

The guy who owned the convenience store up the street from us in Boston was really mad at something a customer had done one day, and he was fuming about it. He told my husband "In my country, we would be allowed to chase him down the street and slap him!" I don't know where he was from, but wouldn't that be an awesome rule? icon_rolleyes.gif

OHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Call the movers!!!! I'm living THERE!@!!!!!!\\

My mom has a friend whose DD who is litterally a mental. She is also self-absorbed and acts like a spoiled brat. EVERY THING is about her. Can't hold a job for more than 6 weeks. She really IS something else! But very thin and gorgeous (if you can get past the tatoos). Her mom would RATHER have her for a daughter, as messed-up as she is, than someone like me who is 20 pounds "fluffy", happily married, stay-at-home mom, Guide leader, involved in the church, and Masters Degree, because I fill out my pants a little too well, and I am not "stunning" in a gown.

My response to people like this is "Yes, I am fat, but you are a B****, and I can diet>"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%