Thank You!!

Decorating By Rhonda19 Updated 9 May 2010 , 4:21am by JudyDP

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:50am
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone! I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place or not...

I just wanted to say Thank-you to all the Cake Central people that helped me with my first Grooms cake!!!

It was for my niece's wedding tonight. The cake was a hit! I had decided to make a yellow cake using the recipe on CC that is titled the Durable 3-D and wedding cake. I washed it with an orange zest simple syrup, and then filled it with a dark chocolate buttercream that I had added orange zest too, and then frosted with IndyDeb's buttercream..but I changed it to milk chocolate buttercream.

I have never had so many compliments on a cake that I had baked before in my life!!!! Even my BIL, who never gives compliments.... said it was Fantastic!!!

I will post pics tomorrow. I did make some mistakes, but hopefully I won't repeat them. I just wanted to take time out to personally Thank you all for your help! I never would have made it without all of you!!!!

Rhonda

3 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 9 May 2010 , 4:06am
post #2 of 4

Your cake sounds delicious. I love orange cake and chocolate icing or chocolate ganache. Happy to hear that things went well with your cake.

BrightDelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrightDelights Posted 9 May 2010 , 4:13am
post #3 of 4

Sounds wonderful!

JudyDP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JudyDP Posted 9 May 2010 , 4:21am
post #4 of 4

I'm so happy for you! It sounds wonderful....I love chocolate and orange. I know you must have been very nervous about the cake...being your first, and so glad that it was a hit! Congratulations

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%