I Am So Tired Of Decorators Talking Bad About Sheet Cakes!!!

Decorating By kake4me2 Updated 10 May 2010 , 3:25am by bakeawish

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 May 2010 , 10:06pm
post #31 of 35

That's an excellent point Doug!

happigolucki35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
happigolucki35 Posted 10 May 2010 , 2:55am
post #32 of 35

Do what makes you happy and makes your customers happy. I see a lot of people saying, I don't do sheets because customers expect the same price as a Walmart cake, that is ridiculous. Walmart cakes do not taste bad and most customers are not ordering custom cakes because of the cake itself, it is the simple fact that they want a customer decorated cake, key word decorated, which they cannot get at Walmart.

mariana7842731 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariana7842731 Posted 10 May 2010 , 2:56am
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by malakainrop

NEVER made a sheet cake....... and don't feel superior saying that!

Just saying....... NO -I have NEVER made one

People don't MAKE you feel bad....... YOU make that decision all on your own

wish I could Amen this 1 million times.

mariana7842731 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariana7842731 Posted 10 May 2010 , 3:00am
post #34 of 35

A really good decorator friend told me the other day that no one wants sheet cake, but that's all theyve seen at parties grocery store you name it. they think that is what you get when you order cake. show them a real cake like professionally made, and they want that.

bakeawish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeawish Posted 10 May 2010 , 3:25am
post #35 of 35

I work in a grocery store bakery and at a specialty bakery. I can crank out sheet cakes so fast..I think that it would be totally worth it to do them when I get my "cottage food" kitchen set up...I may just use premade ones like the grocery store does for sheet cake..they end up costing about $2.50 each..so make one in 20 minutes and charge $20 and you are getting a pretty good return..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%