Cricut Cake & Fondarific

Decorating By ALR1955 Updated 8 May 2010 , 10:40pm by ALR1955

ALR1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALR1955 Posted 8 May 2010 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 5

I just used my Cricut cake to cut out lettering with Fondarific fondant and it worked great! I love the fondarific fondant. icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 8 May 2010 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 5

That is good to hear. I ordered some for an upcoming baby shower and I'm anxious to try it on my cakes. But-- I also got my Cricut Cake yesterday and I can't wait to try it out. Believe it or not-- that's what I'm gonna do on Mother's Day.

Melissa

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 8 May 2010 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 5

ARL1955 - Did you do anything special to make the Fondarific work?

cookieswithdots - Me too. I just got my Cricut Cake late last night. Today my daughter asked me what I wanted to do for Mother's Day and I told her that I wanted to play with my Cake Machine. She said "No, really. What do you want to do"? And, I laughed and told her that "was" what I really wanted to do for Mother's Day. LOL icon_biggrin.gif

peacebear07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacebear07 Posted 8 May 2010 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 5

well i saw the cricut cake and my first thought was to get on here to see if anyone has tested it out yet ....sooo once you ladies have tried it and used it on your cakes please post your feelings, i just dont want to buy something so expensive and the results not be good....thanks and happy baking

ALR1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALR1955 Posted 8 May 2010 , 10:40pm
post #5 of 5

I have used my machine 3 times now and I haven't had a problem.
THe key to making it work with fondant is to place it on the mat and then place it in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
Works Great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%