Which Weight Scale Should I Buy?

Decorating By neecerator Updated 20 Apr 2017 , 7:37pm by -K8memphis

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 8 May 2010 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 6

I would like to buy a scale that has the Metric System and the Imperial System. What are your favourites, and which ones should I avoid? Thanks in advance.

5 replies
03FLSTF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
03FLSTF Posted 8 May 2010 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 6

I recently purchased the OXO Softworks Food Scale and really like it. It's easy to switch from metric to the United States customary system (pounds & ounces) which is similar but not identical to British Imperial units. If I'm adding several ingredients by weight to the same bowl I add the first, weigh, zero out the scale then add the next, etc.

ctinaw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctinaw Posted 9 May 2010 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 6

I like the scales that have both -just in case!

beckylam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beckylam Posted 24 Mar 2017 , 6:58am
post #4 of 6

Hi, if you want to buy a cheap scale , you can go amazon to buy.

beckylam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beckylam Posted 20 Apr 2017 , 7:43am
post #5 of 6

Quote by @beckylam on 24 Mar 2017 , 2:58pm

Hi, if you want to buy a cheap weight scale , you can go amazon to buy.

i always buy things on Amazon.Great place for shopping

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Apr 2017 , 7:37pm
post #6 of 6

you can't really go wrong -- you want to make sure it has a tare and it can handle your greatest weight that you will want to weigh -- like my current one goes to fifteen pounds -- good enough -- if i need to weigh 36 pounds i'd do 12/12/12 --

seriously there's hardly a wrong way to go -- wait, wait but it's gotta be digital :)

my favorite barbeque place uses the old fashioned food service one with the dial on the front and numbers that go all the way around -- and they routinely/regularly short me when i buy a pound of smoked turkey -- so it's gotta be digital -- i've often thought about getting them a digital scale -- i now literally take my scale in when i get a pound ha! but yes i do 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%