Sps And Pan Question

Decorating By kellikrause Updated 10 May 2010 , 11:43am by leily

kellikrause Posted 8 May 2010 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 2

I'm making a 3 tier wedding cake and using sps and hidden pillars. Because the pillars take up so much room in the cake, should I subtract how many serving I'll get out of the cake? Also has anyone seen a wilton 6in square decorator prefered pan, the one with the perfectly square edges? I could only find a 8 in and 12 in. but need a 6 in because I want the corners perfectly squared off. Thanks!

1 reply
leily Posted 10 May 2010 , 11:43am
post #2 of 2

I don't remove the servings because of the pillars, they are still getting the cake and i'm still making they cake (plus the pillars don't take up one whole serving). Also, I don't think i've ever had an order where I could give them the EXACT number of servings they wanted to begin with, so the extra 8 servings the the pillars would go through in a 3 tier cake don't make that big of a difference when they're serving

As for the pan, according to wilton's site. They only make the decorator preferred in 8" and 12". If you're looking for perfectly square sides I suggest ordering Magic Line. They come from 4" up to a lot bigger (can't remember their largest size) and they have perfectly square corners and straight sides.

Quote by @%username% on %date%