Raspberry Swirl Wedding Cake Recipe Needed

Baking By dalis4joe Updated 11 Feb 2014 , 3:05am by rebekah202003

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 22

Hi my fellow CC'ers!!!

I know I can google this... but I would never just use a recipe that's googled without knowing / hearning from someone that has actually tasted it.. and I trust you guys completly....

Need a great TRUE & TRIED Raspberry Swirl Wedding Cake Recipe for a wedding tasting this week...

ALSO...

What filling and Icing do you think complements this cake best???

TIA

21 replies
RafaelLogrono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RafaelLogrono Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:20pm
post #2 of 22

I've never made a Raspberry Swirl Cake before, but I would recommend a white chocolate buttercream, or ganache as filling, with a hint of lemon... Or if you're going for something more rich, go with a chocolate ganache, or a vanilla custard... Yum, now I wanna try that!

dalis4joe Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 22

sounds good... I was also thinking about the chocolate ganache.... I think it would be very good together... thanks

dalis4joe Posted 8 May 2010 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 22

anybody???

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 8 May 2010 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 22

What about using the WASC recipe, make it vanilla and swirling in raspberry preserves?

dalis4joe Posted 8 May 2010 , 8:12pm
post #6 of 22

by raspberry perserves... do u mean the sleeve fillings?

ramie7224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramie7224 Posted 8 May 2010 , 8:46pm
post #7 of 22

A cheesecake filling sounds good to me, but that may be too rich.

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 8 May 2010 , 9:22pm
post #8 of 22

I've made raspberry swirl using regular WASC or vanilla cake and swirling in raspberry jello (powder). I was skeptical how it would turn out, but it was fantastic...really moist and had a lot of flavor.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 8 May 2010 , 9:32pm
post #9 of 22

Just use your favorite white or vanilla cake recipe...then remove some batter out and make it a really strong raspberry flavor using fruit compound (if you have it) or homemade raspberry sauce, thickened and strained...and some raspberry flavor. You can throw some raspberry flavor into the white cake too to help boost the overall taste of the cake. Then just swirl the flavored into the white.

I always use basic recipes and then change them into fruit flavors like that.

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 8 May 2010 , 9:44pm
post #10 of 22

Lisa... so you just sort of swirl in the dry jello powder into the batter and it come out marbled? What is the texture like? Color? I'm very interested in trying that with lime or lemon jello, but I want to make sure I understand the process first. Thanks!

dalis4joe Posted 8 May 2010 , 9:56pm
post #11 of 22

yeah... do u add the jell-o dry? does that make the swirls? what filling would complement that cake? and what icing?

I have made raspberry filling... can i use that? or make the raspberry filling and then strain it with a cheese cloth and use that for the swirls?

elliebuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliebuff Posted 8 May 2010 , 11:53pm
post #12 of 22
dalis4joe Posted 9 May 2010 , 12:14am
post #13 of 22

awesome!!! thanks.... I think this is what I was thinking of for sure....

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 9 May 2010 , 10:49am
post #14 of 22

The first time I used the Jello, I just kept 1 cup of batter aside and mixed the Jello power into it. Then I filled my cake pan with the 1/2 of the vanilla batter and spoon in some "blobs" of the raspberry mix and kind of swirled it around with my spatula. Then I put the rest of the vanilla batter in the pan and put some more "blobs" of the raspberry mix on top and then swirled the whole thing again.

The second time I made it, I just sprinkled the dry Jello powder right onto the cake batter instead of pre-mixing it, and it worked just as well. I was afraid the cake might be grainy or something, but it wasn't at all. I've done lemon, lime, orange, strawberry, raspberry. The only thing I noticed is that the Jello seemed to make the cake a little moister, and heavier than usual.

dalis4joe Posted 9 May 2010 , 11:36am
post #15 of 22

thanks... I think I going to try it...m
and I think I will be using some ganache as the filling.... or maybe I should the raspberry chambord

crystalscustomcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalscustomcakes Posted 20 May 2010 , 12:20pm
post #16 of 22

Raspberry swirl is my customers favorite cake.

I make a basic white cake and reserve 1 cup of batter then I mix in 2tsp raspberry jello dry and 2 heaping tbls of raspberries and juice from frozen raspberries then I blend that and marble it into the white cake.

For fillings I like lemon cream, white chocolate or cheesecake with some raspberries sprinkled on top of the filling.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 20 May 2010 , 12:30pm
post #17 of 22

I make the basic WASC cake and add drops of raspberry sleeve filling and swirl around. Delicious and very moist!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 20 May 2010 , 12:31pm
post #18 of 22

I take my mix place it in the pan and take the flavor I want of the sleeve preserves and swirl it in the batter, people love it!!!!!!!!

dalis4joe Posted 20 May 2010 , 4:07pm
post #19 of 22

I use the link provided here... made my own raspberry curd/filing.... made my usual cake... fill the pan 1/4... added some of the curd/filling fill the pan/added some more raspberry... then with a skewer I swirled it a few times... baked....

all is can say is WOWZY!!! the taste was amazing!! DH ate almost a whole 6 in round byhimself with no icing!!! it was super delicious and now we are also fearuting that one as one of regular cake flavors.... it is amazingly tasty.... and now I am hooked lol....

thanks for the recipe and for all the good advice!

sophie691 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophie691 Posted 26 May 2010 , 2:12am
post #20 of 22

ohhh these all sound great!!

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 26 May 2010 , 2:18am
post #21 of 22

can't wait to try! thanks for the info! love CC!

rebekah202003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebekah202003 Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 3:05am
post #22 of 22

AHas anyone tried the jello mix into a chocolate cake mix? I have been asked to make a Raspberry Chocolate Swirl wedding cake (no cheese cake or white) but I'm not sure if you would even be able to taste the Raspberry? I have seen bundt cake recipes but didn't know how well those would work as a layer cake. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%