What Kind Of Promos Do You Run On Facebook

Business By karenm0712 Updated 13 May 2010 , 2:29pm by karenm0712

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 8 May 2010 , 11:15am
post #1 of 13

Morning everyone!

I need help! My Facebook page is going no where - I have 150 fans, but have not gotten but 1 order...I need to beef it up, but I have no clue on how to market my business. icon_sad.gif

Do any of you run promotions or drawings? If so, would you care to share what you have/had done?

Thanks in advance!

12 replies
tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 8 May 2010 , 12:12pm
post #2 of 13

I don't get a TON of business from facebook. I have almost 200 fans. Most of mine is through my website or word of mouth. I did just book a birthday cake through facebook with a military wife from Hawaii. She found me on there and they are stationed in my area next month. Last month I did a drawing for a cupcake bouquet. It went over pretty well and I plan to do something else this month.

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 13

Whenever someone orders a cake I try to find them and friend them on facebook. Then when you do their cake upload a photo of the cake to your facebook, tag the customer in the photo... then when they are tagged in the photo ALL of their friends see the photo. Sometimes one of those friends then orders a cake. icon_smile.gif

karenm0712 Posted 8 May 2010 , 4:13pm
post #4 of 13

katiebelle - didn't think about that. I am going to have to see if you can tag people with a business account...never looked.

Anyone else have anything that they do on Facebook to promote? I guess I could post stuff more often on what I am baking, etc.... icon_razz.gif

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 11 May 2010 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 13

I'm trying to come up with a new monthly special/promotion for FB! Any ideas?

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 11 May 2010 , 3:04pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebelle74

Whenever someone orders a cake I try to find them and friend them on facebook. Then when you do their cake upload a photo of the cake to your facebook, tag the customer in the photo... then when they are tagged in the photo ALL of their friends see the photo. Sometimes one of those friends then orders a cake. icon_smile.gif

Are customers really ok with it? I like this idea but I don't want my clients to think im exploiting them in some way.

Katiebelle74 Posted 11 May 2010 , 4:20pm
post #7 of 13

My customers have all loved it. They are happy and excited about their event and I have pics of their wedding cake up the day after the wedding LONG before their photographer as any prints back to them. (Or people's children's cakes people love to brag and show off what they bought their child). My most recent bride and groom I had pics of their cake up on fb and requested their friendship, after they accepted before I could go back and tag the photo the bride tagged herself and her groom and left glowing comments. They WANT their friends to see the cake they had. It would be different if I was tagging people in photos of cakes that were NOT their cake - that would be exploiting them! I have had people do that to me (i.e. tag a photo of a play where they set up the stage props and the play/props have NOTHING to do with me) to try and market their work and it pisses me off, I automatically de-friend them and untag myself. That is not cool. But if you tag the bride in a photo of HER wedding cake she is proud and HAPPY to make sure all her facebook friends see it.

egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 11 May 2010 , 5:18pm
post #8 of 13

I haven't done this myself but a friend - he draws a prize at each hundred new members, from the people that has commented on postings regarding the draw. It has been a huge hit!
So at 200, 300, 400 and so on - has given him a lot of members, attention and orders

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 11 May 2010 , 5:22pm
post #9 of 13

I don't do any promos on FB. Sometimes, it's all I can do to keep up with the FB messages/emails/photo uploads/status updates/etc. Each time my fan # goes up, it truly humbles me.

adamsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsmom Posted 11 May 2010 , 5:34pm
post #10 of 13

I too an trying to decide if I should have a FB page for my cupcake venture. I'm interested in any other options/ideas you CCr's have. I do like the idea for having a drawing every so many # of members that join. I also like the idea of tagging photos of customers. Katiebelle - Do you just ask their permission when taking the order if they would mind you tagging them on their cake photo?

Katiebelle74 Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:08am
post #11 of 13

I just do it. They can untag themselves if they wish. I think the people who have facebook pages to start with like being "social" with their cake photo. It's not like it's a photo of their child or of them partying or something it is just their cake. If your not comfortable then don't do it.

thecookieladycc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecookieladycc Posted 13 May 2010 , 12:43pm
post #12 of 13

I don't really do promos, but I just do up dates and post lots of picts.... LOTS of picts. I have a link to my website on my FB. I let my fans know what I'm doing, when I'm going to be gone and anything new I'm doing. Like today I just posted that I'm going to be on the local radio station, and they my cookies are now available at the new coffee shop in town. I really want people to see that I am a person and not just a faceless business.

karenm0712 Posted 13 May 2010 , 2:29pm
post #13 of 13

I guess I just need to start posting more to keep visable on my fans pages. I just would like a bit more business and hoped that having all of these fans would help! I think though that people are shocked by my prices, but then again they have to realize that I am custom and not Kroger or Wally World. I can't tell you how many quotes I do and how many people do not respond once they are quoted.

The customers I do have are wonderful and do not flinch at my prices - I think I need to reach out to those customers and remind them about my referral program! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%