Rolling Pins

Decorating By RetiredNavyChief Updated 8 May 2010 , 11:29am by Kellbella

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:36am
post #1 of 5

Hi all, i just rolled a large piece of fondant with the large roller from wilton, well needless to say it was really difficult. So my question is what is the best rolling pin for large pieces of fondant. Does anyone know what king Sharon Z. used in the fondant DVD? Thanks and happy decorating.

4 replies
Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:39am
post #2 of 5

She uses an aluminum rolling pin...I have one too and it is nice.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 8 May 2010 , 5:16am
post #3 of 5

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my aluminum rolling pin for all fondant, big and smaller pieces! Here's the one I got: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CI8X2Q/?tag=cakecentral-20 Can't say enough great things about it, only drawback is it's huge and storage can be a bit challenging, it's pretty enough to leave out though icon_smile.gif

SugarBoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBoy Posted 8 May 2010 , 6:52am
post #4 of 5

WOW! I'm so excited. I'm a beginner and I've learned so much and now I get to contribute.

I found the best way to store my rolling pins. I bought coat hooks at Wal-mart - sold as a pair and they are coated white.

I attached the hooks to the wall under my kitchen cabinets - in my "baking area". The hooks are a double hook. The top hook is long enough to hold the rolling pin at the handles and the smaller hook holds the pack of disposable pastry bags, which makes it easy to tear off a bag.

The image is my first arrangement of my baking area. Since then, I have added another holder and rolling pin and ditched the Wilton tool caddy. The counter looks very shiny. I have a thick, clear plastic pinned from the back splash and covering the counter. I HATE cleaning flour and sugar out of the grout and tile. When I remodel the kitchen, I'm lowering the counter (I'm vertically-challenged) and I'm going to find something else for a counter top.
LL

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 8 May 2010 , 11:29am
post #5 of 5

Love the hook idea thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%