Cricut Cake Assembly Problems

Decorating By cookieswithdots Updated 8 May 2010 , 3:30pm by cookieswithdots

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:46am
post #1 of 9

I'm desperate. Has anyone gotten their machine and had their blade assembly look different than what is described in the manual? Mine does not seem to have the adjustment knob. I am so mad I could scream. I've called but they are of course closed until Mon. Even my husband who is pretty good at this stuff says the part is wrong.

Any suggestions.

Melissa

8 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:55am
post #2 of 9

I just got mine today and the housing on the blade isn't what is pictured either.

cookieswithdots Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:59am
post #3 of 9

Interesting. What are your thoughts? I'm not a happy camper.

Melissa

FlourChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourChick Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:59am
post #4 of 9

You should PM JenniferAtwood. She's very helpful and knowledgable about the cricut cake because she got one early on to test out.

cookieswithdots Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:18am
post #5 of 9

P-

Thank you sooooo very much for your explanation. You guys rock at helping answer questions. I just love this place.

Looks like I'm ok along with another gal who posted the same question. I'll keep reading up on this though. Interesting.

icon_smile.gif))))

Melissa

cookieswithdots Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:41am
post #6 of 9

OK- I found the answer. Searched content.cricut.com/c/downloads/cricutcakemanual.pdf

This shows the CORRECT picture for the blade assembly that comes with the machine. Thanks goodness. I hope this helps anyone that was scratching their head like me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 8 May 2010 , 5:03am
post #7 of 9

I just opened my box and smiled when I saw my pretty new cake tool.

I watched the video (somewhat LOL) and then got out my box of fondant (Wilton) and rolled it out on the mat, didn't even wait for 15 minutes, but just put it in the machine and look what I was able to do. I'm so happy that I got this machine.

I know that Ill have to practice more, a lot more, but I can already see how wonderful it will be after a few months of practicing. I just think of the cake machines like I do for any other cake process. Everything takes time Fondant, took me like 15 cakes to get it right . After a year, Im still learning to pipe RI . And getting a smooth cake, about another year of doing that, so I dont care if it takes me a few months to get the machine to work like I want I think its worth the time invested to be able to offer something different to my friends / co-workers that get my cakes.

And Ill be saving money on cutters and stencils once I get SCAL, because Ill be able to make my own.

med speed and med presure
LL
LL

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 8 May 2010 , 11:16am
post #8 of 9

glendaleAZ --- Yay! icon_smile.gif

cookieswithdots Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:30pm
post #9 of 9

Looks so great. I agree with just practicing, just takes time.

Melissa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%