Venues

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 8 May 2010 , 9:05am by indydebi

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:19am
post #1 of 2

I realize some people choose restaurants or other small reception venues to save money and such but I was a little regretful...I think the wedding cake I delivered today with cupcakes (and gerbera daisies to match some she had put on her invitation) was such a bright cheerful cake, and the restaurant rental room was dark, with dark brown tables, dark walls....there was no decorations in there, and when I asked for a tablecloth to cover the dark brown eating table that he said I could use for the cake, he said all he had was black...so black it was!

I was just a little bit sad, haha, that such a bright, girly cake ended up in such a dark, unadorned room on a black tablecloth. Oh well. Unfortunately I had to finish putting flowers and stuff on site, so was not able to get a bright light pic of it at home with a white background. thumbsdown.gif

Just rambling. icon_smile.gif

1 reply
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 May 2010 , 9:05am
post #2 of 2

I understand totally! There is a venue that I was in quite a number of times. I actually like the venue because they gave a military discount (military paid something like $200 for this venue that had a full kitchen, bar, and reception room big enough for 100 people, a dance floor and a DJ).

But it was more of a bar atmosphere. Very dark. Very old .... old ceiling tiles, old furniture, old paneling on the walls. Just. Old. And dark.

A little depressing for a wedding celebration.

But the price was right.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%