Ideas For Cupcake Theme For A Boy Turning 16??

Baking By ChristysCakes88 Updated 10 May 2010 , 1:27am by cakemom42

ChristysCakes88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristysCakes88 Posted 7 May 2010 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 8

I just got an email from a client wanting 40 cupcakes for her son's 16th birthday party. I can usually come up with something right away but I am drawing a blank on this one. Any ideas?? TIA!

7 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 7 May 2010 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 8

Guess it depends how much she wants to pay! Maybe ask her for favorite colors....party theme....favorite hobbies....and her budget. You could do anything from swirled cupcakes in cool colors with a bit of silver disco dust and gumpaste "16's" sticking out of them, to actually topping them with handmade little video game controls, or sports balls, or whatever he's into most.

cakemom42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom42 Posted 7 May 2010 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 8

Trust me on this... I have a 16 yr old son... They want a car, a sports car to be exact :0) Maybe you could mold one of those from a matchbox car??
Or moldel one for each cupcake.. the guys would love it :0)

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 7 May 2010 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 8

boy turning 16 has only two things on his mind. fastcars and girls. have fun with that !! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

have the mother give you some more details is this party themed?

ChristysCakes88 Posted 8 May 2010 , 11:47pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the ideas!! Unfortunately she wasn't willing to pay the price I was asking which was actually way LOW. I was only asking her to pay $1.45 each so she was getting a really good deal. Most of the local bakeries charge at least $2.50 and up each for their cupcakes. She was actually very rude about it by telling me that wal-mart sells them by the dozen for $6 and I was charging her an outrageous price and trying to take advantage of her!!!! I was shocked at what she was saying to me! I just told her to go to walmart but if she wanted a QUALITY cupcake to call me back. She actually hung up on me! I have never dealt with anybody like that before, it was just shocking!

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 9 May 2010 , 12:27am
post #6 of 8

Sorry she was so rude to you. $1.45 is a great deal for decorated cupcakes. It happens to us all. "People balk at the lowest prices." My favorite quote from Colette Peters. I hope her guests appreciate those Walmart cuppies....at parties my kids take one bite out of the "big chain store" cupcakes and spit them out "It was yucky mommy", but then again, they know what real cake tastes like. I just smile.

ChristysCakes88 Posted 9 May 2010 , 12:26pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygoose

Sorry she was so rude to you. $1.45 is a great deal for decorated cupcakes. It happens to us all. "People balk at the lowest prices." My favorite quote from Colette Peters. I hope her guests appreciate those Walmart cuppies....at parties my kids take one bite out of the "big chain store" cupcakes and spit them out "It was yucky mommy", but then again, they know what real cake tastes like. I just smile.

I agree, My kids won't eat the store bought cakes/cupcakes either. I think they are WAY too sugary and artificial tasting. I try to use as many natural/organic items to bake and cook with so my kids can tell the difference when they eat something store bought. It just doesn't taste as good. Oh well, on to the next order! LOL

cakemom42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom42 Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:27am
post #8 of 8

In an odd way take it as a compliment... You're better than that!!!
She was just mad becasue she wanted you to break & you didn't...She knew you had the better tasting product...in an odd way while it hurts, your name is out there & people know you are good!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%