Cricut Expression Deep Blade House With Heavy Metal Blade.

Decorating By dchiu1 Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 5:21pm by Grinolly

dchiu1 Posted 7 May 2010 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 6

I was reading somewhere which I now can't find, that one of Carrie's Cakes employee's mentioned that they use the deep blade housing with a heavy metal blade and was wondering if any one knew what type of blade they use and where they purchased it. Thanks.

Recently I was watching a YouTube video and someone was cutting acrylic with a roland blade, not sold by PC, so I thought I would just ask. There might be a different blade out there which is longer to cut cookie dough. I think it's worth the research.

5 replies
ptanyer Posted 8 May 2010 , 12:57am
post #2 of 6

You might email her and ask about the actual size of the blade she mentioned in the video. Looking at it online, the blade actually looks too big to fit into the cricut deep cut blade housing.

KHincak Posted 8 May 2010 , 1:16am
post #3 of 6

Cricut sells a seperate housing for the deep blade. I purchased mine on Walmart.com $18.00 and extra blades for $8.00. I had it delivered directly to the closest Walmart and did not have to pay shipping. Important to note, it was even more cost effective than purchasing in the store.

I also purchased the cricut design studio from Walmart.com for $50.00 versus $69.00 instore at Walmart and $99.00 at the local Michaels. If you want to pull designs from the internet and cut to the Cricut I suggest looking at Make the Cut.com. I purchased mine for $69.00.

The upside of using Cricut Design Studio and/or Make the Cut is the ability to design on the computer and cut to the Cricut. I like being able to see what my projects look like before sending them to cut. It can get expensive if using the pre-rolled sheets or just time comsuming if rolling out your own gumpaste (my preference).

careylynn Posted 8 May 2010 , 1:17am
post #4 of 6

I use the blade that comes with the deep blade housing and it works perfectly fine!

dchiu1 Posted 8 May 2010 , 8:01am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for all the input. I was just curious to see if there are other alternatives. My guess is that someone will eventually make a blade holder just like the Cricut Cake that will fit the Expression. I noticed that there is more clearance on the CC than the EXpression. Some people on the Cricut message board made an embossing holder as well as pen holder to fit other pens.

So ladies, patients will be a virtue and let's keep our fingers crossed.

I'm not even a baker, but all this hype has made me interested in cookies and cupcakes.

Grinolly Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 5:21pm
post #6 of 6

Hi,

I just purchased the deep cut blade housing.... i think there's something wrong with my housing... when we turn the knob for the different height, does the blade changes in height too?

Mine doesn't change, and it seems to embed so deeply into the housing, that at 1, i can't see the blade at all...

is there something wrong?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%