Ribbon On Bc...its Been So Long!

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 7 May 2010 , 10:17pm by mamawrobin

Kitagrl Posted 7 May 2010 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a square cake in crusting buttercream with a ribbon...geez its been a long time since I've done that! My buttercream stinks because I cannot possibly make a crusting bc without air bubbles but oh well....anyway....

What should I do, again, to keep the ribbon from soaking up the grease? Something like iron it (dirty four letter word...ugh) with wax paper or...?

We used to wrap ribbon all the time on buttercream at the catering place and just whatever happened, happened, but this is a pink satin ribbon, dark pink, and I'm afraid it will look bad if it gets grease spots.

Thanks!

3 replies
mamawrobin Posted 7 May 2010 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 4

I just cut a piece of wax paper the exact size of my ribbon and put it between my cake and the ribbon. Some say that they iron the wax paper to the ribbon but I've never done that. I hate ironing icon_lol.gif

Kitagrl Posted 7 May 2010 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

I just cut a piece of wax paper the exact size of my ribbon and put it between my cake and the ribbon. Some say that they iron the wax paper to the ribbon but I've never done that. I hate ironing icon_lol.gif

How does the ribbon stick to the wax paper? Just make sure its pulled tight?

mamawrobin Posted 7 May 2010 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

How does the ribbon stick to the wax paper? Just make sure its pulled tight?

Yep. I usually put the wax paper on then cover that with the ribbon. Then I pin it to the cake with a decorative straight pin (or two).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%