Brush Embroidery Rose Help

Decorating By mellormom Updated 9 May 2010 , 2:43am by mpetty

mellormom Posted 7 May 2010 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 7

What lines do you pull and not pull to make it look recognizable? I get it to look pretty good until I get to around no 7. Then It starts to look way off so I think I'm pulling some of the wrong lines in the earlier steps. ( I mean some pedals need to be pulled on both sides and some don't and I'm having trouble with that. )
Thanks for any help on this matter! icon_smile.gif If you can understand me! LOL
Jen...
LL

6 replies
mpetty Posted 8 May 2010 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 7

Well, since no one else is answering, I'll take a shot, even though I've never actually done brush embroidery (haven't tried fondant yet). I'd say the important part is to brush all of #6 inward, and on #7, brush the top and right side inward. For #4 I'd only brush the top inward and I would brush all sides of #5 inward. That leaves: #1 - just brush the top inward; brush the left side of #2 inward; and the right side of #3.

Love that pattern, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Hope I was able to help.

mellormom Posted 8 May 2010 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 7

thanks! That should help a lot! My brain doesn't compute those things well. LOL
Brush Embroidery is not hard at all. It just takes a soft hand and practice. icon_smile.gif
Thanks again!
Jen...

Lcubed82 Posted 8 May 2010 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 7

Very pretty design! I've only tried BE in class, but have been wanting to try again. Mpetty, your plan sounds like it should work.

sweettooth101 Posted 8 May 2010 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 7
mellormom Posted 9 May 2010 , 1:43am
post #6 of 7

Mpetty your plan did work Thanks! icon_smile.gif
Jen...

mpetty Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:43am
post #7 of 7

Excellent, glad I could help. Sweettooth101, thanks for the link. I LOVE Elaine MacGregor. Good way to learn a lot of advanced techniques.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%