Hi Ratio In Iowa?

Decorating By ctinaw Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 12:18pm by huskerfan

ctinaw Posted 7 May 2010 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 6

Any cake bakers know where I can get ahold of some hi ratio in Iowa??? I'm being stubborn about it - and refuse to order online unless I'm sure I cannot buy it somewhere local. The only "cake supply" store we have seems a little uh - limited - and they don't sell it. I can't find a restaurant supply that sells anything other than equipment. I'd love to try it.

5 replies
tigerhawk83 Posted 7 May 2010 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 6

Don't know where in Iowa you are but KitchenKrafts is located in Waukon (NE Iowa). She sells online but you can shop in her warehouse on weekdays. Here's the link to the Hi-Ratio

huskerfan Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 12:09pm
post #3 of 6

My husband's company that he works for carries it.

leily Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:07am
post #4 of 6
Originally Posted by huskerfan

My husband's company that he works for carries it.

Huskerfan - Can you elaborate a little more? We don't know what company your husband works for.

To the OP - where in Iowa are you?
I am over by the quad-cities and TPC has a cash and carry store that has it available (and if it's not I can order it) I know there is SYSCO in DesMoines area... but not sure if they have store that you can go to or what their ordering/pick-up is.

As mentioned above KitchenKrafts is also in Iowa, I wish I was closer so I could go there myself but I order online and it is here within a day or two.

Rainbow Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:25am
post #5 of 6

I haven't found any place to buy it in NW Iowa. I would be interested to know if I can buy some naywhere near the Des Moines area or Sioux City area?

huskerfan Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 12:18pm
post #6 of 6

Good morning. My husband works for Hawkeye Food Services. They are out of the Iowa City area, but we are in the Des Moines area. Let me know if you need a phone number and a name of someone you can talk to about it. I just had him look the other night to make sure they still carry it. But I do believe it only comes in a 50 lb. amount. Have a great day!

Quote by @%username% on %date%