I'm Totally In Love With My New Apron!

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 8 May 2010 , 1:24am by CakeInfatuation

CakeInfatuation Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 9

I know... how can you be in love with an apron... But I AM! I don't know why but I've had such a hard time finding one. I opened shop and have been using one I got as a gift ever since but I'm not "sold" on it. So I've continually been searching for one. I wanted one that would kind of double as a semi uniform for various events. BUT I also wanted practical.

If you are anything like me, you go through lots of towels when you are doing cakes. I end up with piles of them because I always misplace my towels. Or I end up trashing my apron because I use it as a towel.

Check out what this lady did. She made a half apron with snap on towels!!! I love love love it! I got 3 replacement towels so that as I work, I can just replace the towel if I make too big of a mess of it. But now I ALWAYS have a towel handy when I need it!

And as a bonus, she also has great tie back headbands to keep your hair back. Which we all have to do anyway. So now I have a coordinated look that matches my shop colors and is amazingly practical. And these are made for REAL women too. No apron that is made for a woman that doesn't taste what she makes! ha ha

You can see a video on how it works at Kc's website. She's actually local to me and a breast cancer survivor who just got her reconstructive surgery about a week or two ago.

www . diaperbagwrangler . com

8 replies
ctinaw Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 9

way too cute - and smart.

aquamom Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 9

What a great idea!!! I love it!

LeckieAnne Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:41pm
post #4 of 9

Way cool! Great ideas! Cute, too!

melmar02 Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:46pm
post #5 of 9

mamawrobin Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:53pm
post #6 of 9

I love it. thumbs_up.gif

Lcubed82 Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 9

Great idea!

CakeInfatuation Posted 7 May 2010 , 11:37pm
post #8 of 9

I spoke with Kc today and it looks like she might put together a full apron for those of us who need a little more coverage. If you really like the concept but wanted more protection, stay tuned. Hopefully she'll have something out soon.

Also, I'm going to be hosting a give away on my blog for one of Kc's snap to it aprons. I'll let you know when I have it set up... if you really want one but can't swing it right now.

CakeInfatuation Posted 8 May 2010 , 1:24am
post #9 of 9

The drawing is set up! Enter to win on my blog. www.staceyssweetshop.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%