Stupid Dog

Decorating By CakeMixCakery Updated 7 May 2010 , 1:04pm by dalis4joe

CakeMixCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMixCakery Posted 7 May 2010 , 6:41am
post #1 of 6

My husband and i made a mothers day cake for a client, and it was beautiful! Our fondant was flawless, my shell border was perfect, and my roses were beautiful. My husband and i finished the cake last night and placed it in the fridge, we pulled it out a few hours before our client was to show up and left it on our kitchen table. We walked outside to watch the kids ride their bikes and 5 min before our client is supposed to show up we walk into our house to find our puppy had jumped on the chair, and onto the kitchen table, and was eating the cake!

I swear that dog was 2 seconds away fro being taken to the pound! So we had to call our client, explain what happened, and tell him we will personally deliver him another cake TONIGHT! My husband and i pulled it off, but that dog is so spending the night outside

5 replies
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 7 May 2010 , 7:07am
post #2 of 6

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! I don't have any pets inside, but my German Shepherd stays in trouble even though she's outside. She thinks it's a sin to sit or lay on the ground, so she gets in the chairs on our deck! We forgot the baby's car seat outside on the deck once, and she got her big butt in that baby seat! Crazy animals....but Gotta love em' lol
Just for future advice, I wouldn't have any kind of animal in the same building you are making food for others... never know what those little guys will get in to.

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 7 May 2010 , 7:10am
post #3 of 6

I'm so sorry that your dog did the deed!

But thank you, at least I'm not the only one that has animals, who interfere.

My rotti, especially loves chocolate cake. The chihuahua, gets the rotti going for strawberry.

They are always put away when I'm doing cakes, but sometimes stuff happens.

Don't kill them, they didn't mean anything bad.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 7 May 2010 , 11:47am
post #4 of 6

I agree with Kelli, not a good idea to have a dog (or any pet) in the same area that you bake if you're selling your cakes. What state are you in? It is my understanding that you can't have inside pets if you are a licensed home baker icon_confused.gif.

milly-mel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milly-mel Posted 7 May 2010 , 12:11pm
post #5 of 6

this happened to me but fortunately the it was just the sponge i left it to cool and nipped to the shop, when i came back it was gone! lol

i dont make cakes for a living and did have the kitchen door shut.....or at least thought i did!! oops lol

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 7 May 2010 , 1:04pm
post #6 of 6

I have a baby gate so my terribly super hyper dog it's NOT allowed anywhere near my kitchen... I think I would bury him alive if he did that lol

glad u were able to re do and deliver....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%