Cakes In The Summer

Decorating By centralperk16 Updated 7 May 2010 , 2:58pm by mamawrobin

centralperk16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
centralperk16 Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:23am
post #1 of 4

I am making the cake for my friend's wedding in June in AZ with buttercream filling. My question are there any tips about moving the cake to the venue without the cake liquified by the time I get there?

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:53am
post #2 of 4

are you taling about american b/c, using powder sugar, milk or water,butter and crisco or high ratio shortening. or italian meringue buttercream or swiss meringue buttercream. what recipe do you make. many on here use sharon zambito b/c recipe. she is from lousianna. hers is really stable. others love indydebi's recipe. she says hers is really stable to hot weather. she says she drives to the venue with the window down in 100 degree weather. lol. How far to the venue for you,etc. let us know little more.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:42pm
post #3 of 4

A friend of mine left the cake I made her in the trunk of her car for about 2 hours on a sunny 85 degree day! I used Indydebi's BC, and it held up just fine.....and we're still friends!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:58pm
post #4 of 4

I use Indydebi's buttercream ONLY in the spring and summer. I live in Arkansas and we have very hot, humid weather. This buttercream will hold up to 100 degrees plus.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%