I Am So Upset....

Decorating By cakeroach Updated 11 May 2010 , 2:48pm by chellescountrycakes

cakeroach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeroach Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:56am
post #1 of 18

So, I just made a beautiful, fondant cake that I hand-painted peonies on, and also make some really pretty gumpaste peonies that went on the top. This cake was supposed to be for my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law for the family mother's day gathering.

I was REALLY proud of how it turned out, and I had A LOT of time and money into this cake. I was just about to go to bed, and figured I should move it out into the coat room so the dog didn't get it off the top of the fridge during the middle of the night. (I have a Great Dane).

As I was lifting the cake up (over my head) to put it on the top shelf in the coat room, it slid out of my hands, down my head and my back and fell to the floor. The whole cake thudded and is now a big pile of mush, and the glass cake plate I love shattered to pieces.

Why oh why didn't I just put the cake in the fridge like I normally do??
What's worse is I have to work a full shift tomorrow and Saturday, so I do not have a bit of time to make another cake! I also really do not have anymore money to put into it.

I am just really upset because this was a technique I have only done one other time, and I was excited to give it to them. Also, since I am "The Cake" lady, everyone always expects me to bring a beautiful cake...

Thanks for listening to me rant and rave.

17 replies
cakemom24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom24 Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:06am
post #2 of 18

Oh no!!! So, so sorry this happened to you!

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:08am
post #3 of 18

I am sooooooo sorry. Hug. Hands tissue......

JustABite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustABite Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:10am
post #4 of 18

OHHH, I could cry for you myself! So sorry. Did you get pictures? I am sure the family will love the fact that you put so much love into a cake for them.

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:11am
post #5 of 18

UGH! How upsetting!! Did you by chance get a picture of it? So sorry icon_cry.gif

makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:28am
post #6 of 18

Oh, I hate that for you!!!

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:29am
post #7 of 18

I am so sorry...your mom and gram truly will appreciate the thought...a paying customer would not be quite so understanding, so that's the only silver lining I can find! Sorry!

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:34am
post #8 of 18

So sorry, every time I carry a cake to the car, I imagine falling, landing face first into the cake, wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry. Probably cry. It will make a funny story for the party, I sure hope you at least got a pictures to show everyone. Again, so sorry this happened to you, so much work and expense, the cake sounds beautiful.

FlynnStitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlynnStitch Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:46am
post #9 of 18

That is awful - I am so sorry. We all know how much time went into that. I had a cake for my son's birthday that I was putting the candles into in the kitchen, about to bring it out to my son, when one of the little brothers of my son's friend decided to stick his fingers into. Messed up the whole front of the cake. We can laugh now - but I wasn't laughing then. I am sorry - hope you took pictures (and you can give them the mush as a gag gift??? tell them it looked good until you got PMS and took your frustrations out on it???) Sorry.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 May 2010 , 4:00am
post #10 of 18

I, too, am so sorry. I pray everytime i have to move a cake. I know it was beautiful. And a lot of WORK.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 7 May 2010 , 4:15am
post #11 of 18

omg i'm so sry! big hug! if that had happened to me, and that glass didn't break, i might've hurled it across the room.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 7 May 2010 , 4:27am
post #12 of 18

I am so sorry that this happened to you. Did you at least get pictures?

Shalott Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shalott Posted 7 May 2010 , 5:25am
post #13 of 18

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened! I would be so terribly devastated! icon_cry.gif

JudyDP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JudyDP Posted 7 May 2010 , 5:52am
post #14 of 18

Oh....God bless you!!! I know that feeling....."Why didn't I just....." I could just cry for you! icon_cry.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 7 May 2010 , 1:49pm
post #15 of 18

That just makes you sick....I am so sorry that happened to you. icon_sad.gif

Manotas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manotas Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:12pm
post #16 of 18

Oh boy, I'm so sorry this happened to you. We all know the time, money and effort we put in each one of our cakes. Big Hugs.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:41pm
post #17 of 18

So sorry. Big hugs,

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 11 May 2010 , 2:48pm
post #18 of 18

OH I am SOO sorry!! all I can tell you is my heart breaks for you. and I well know how hard it is to afford everything to recreate something like that. ((((hugs)))

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%