Working In A Bakery?

Decorating By jayshunnie22 Updated 7 May 2010 , 2:04am by nancyg

jayshunnie22 Posted 7 May 2010 , 1:42am
post #1 of 3

Hi CC family. Im dying to work in a bakery,i'm even willing to work my way up from floor cleaner if i have too icon_razz.gif i went to school for baking and pastry but every where i want to apply seems to want work experience with in the feild.im not gonna take no for a answer any more because im good! so should i go in person and show pics of my work? I want to work in a bakery because i feel theres so much more i can learn. thanks all!! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
G_Cakes Posted 7 May 2010 , 1:59am
post #2 of 3

WHat I have done in the past is offered my services for free for a week or two, kind of a try before you buy thing, and I ended up getting the job (not for a bakery though).

But from what I understand is that most bakeries will want to see pictures of your work, and if they like what they see they will have you decorate a cake for them to see your skill and control of time combined.

hope this helps and dont give up!

nancyg Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:04am
post #3 of 3

Yes, go dressed very professionally. Chefs coat if you have one. Take your portfolio. Ask to speak to, or set up an appt. with the person who hires.

And take a couple of copies of your best work that you could leave , to be passed on to the person who hires.

I had someone come in my shop just as I described above. And she went right to the tip of my list because she seemed more serious than the ones who came in dressed like housecleaning day.

My feeling was, we dont have to dress like this at the shop ( we do on delivery day for cakes. ) But, it showed me she was serious....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%