What Would You Put In It ?

Decorating By miasuzzette Updated 9 May 2010 , 5:54pm by UpAt2am

miasuzzette Posted 7 May 2010 , 1:04am
post #1 of 11

If you was to have A Cake first aid Kit. What would you put in it? thumbs_up.gif

10 replies
bbmom Posted 7 May 2010 , 1:15am
post #2 of 11

a fork!

ttehan4 Posted 7 May 2010 , 1:25am
post #3 of 11

Royal icing! You can fix just about anything with it!

miasuzzette Posted 7 May 2010 , 1:31am
post #4 of 11

icon_surprised.gif Why a Fork?

jammjenks Posted 7 May 2010 , 1:53am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasuzzette

icon_surprised.gif Why a Fork?

To eat the cake, silly. thumbs_up.gif

miasuzzette Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:37am
post #6 of 11

icon_lol.gif Thank You icon_biggrin.gif

UpAt2am Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:59am
post #7 of 11

i keep a straight pin (to fix air bubbles should they arise), viva paper towels, the piping bags with whatever icing that i've used for that cake, business cards, a camera (take pics from all angles), candles (in case whoever is throwing the party forgot them), a bit of gumpaste and fondant in a baggie, and sometimes a knife. i feel like i can fix most things (if anything were to happen) with these materials icon_smile.gif a la macgyver icon_smile.gif

sweetiesbykim Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:07am
post #8 of 11

...and scissors -small and large garden shear type. Also a wet cloth in a sandwich baggie, small spatula, tape, etc. icon_smile.gif

mamawrobin Posted 7 May 2010 , 4:38am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpAt2am

i keep a straight pin (to fix air bubbles should they arise), viva paper towels, the piping bags with whatever icing that i've used for that cake, business cards, a camera (take pics from all angles), candles (in case whoever is throwing the party forgot them), a bit of gumpaste and fondant in a baggie, and sometimes a knife. i feel like i can fix most things (if anything were to happen) with these materials icon_smile.gif a la macgyver icon_smile.gif

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Loucinda Posted 7 May 2010 , 12:16pm
post #10 of 11

If there were any gumpaste or premade flowers on the cake, I also take some extras of those.

If it is a cake that wasn't supposed to have a topper, I still take extra dowels (I use BTS so scissors can cut them) - there has been 2 times now that the bride had a topper at the venue that she wanted to use last minute and I had to put support in the cake for them.

UpAt2am Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:54pm
post #11 of 11

soooo true loucinda about the extra BTS's!!!

i also forgot to say to bring a little piece of cardboard just case you need a shim for a sliding or uneven tier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%