Key Lime Filling.....almond Cake....suggestions??

Baking By Normita Updated 7 May 2010 , 3:38am by Normita

Normita Posted 6 May 2010 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 7

Hello I have some key lime filling and was not sure what is best to pair it with??

I also have a recipe for almond cake but was wondering what everyone recommends for the filling...preferably, not chocolate.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

6 replies
Normita Posted 6 May 2010 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 7

Hello out there!!

ArtieTs Posted 6 May 2010 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 7

How about pairing it with a coconut cake.

Kitagrl Posted 6 May 2010 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 7

Lime would go with lemon...or vanilla...or even like pineapple or strawberry....

Normita Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:03am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the suggestions....I just made a vanilla cake. Do you think it would be ok to to have 2 layers of key lime and the middle layer with raspberry? My cakes have 3 layers of filling.

What about the almond cake?

Kitagrl Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:06am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normita

Thanks for the suggestions....I just made a vanilla cake. Do you think it would be ok to to have 2 layers of key lime and the middle layer with raspberry? My cakes have 3 layers of filling.

What about the almond cake?

I think most fruit flavors go together....so sure, I don't see why not!!! Oooh I love lime....mmmm.

Almond cake goes with anything....fruit fillings, chocolate fillings...custard or pudding....you name it!

I made a cake this week for someone, with a custard (it was fake custard, vanilla pudding with some honey and almond flavor to give it that "custardy" taste) and drained pineapple and it was actually really good, I made a trifle with the rest of the cake scraps, the rest of the custard, and the rest of the pineapple...some strawberries...and some cool whip and it was GOOD!!!!

Normita Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:38am
post #7 of 7

Thanks Kitagirl for your suggestions. I am gonna try my key lime and raspberry see how it turns out icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%