How To Store Fondant Covered Cookies?

Baking By Adevag Updated 6 May 2010 , 8:50pm by Adevag

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 6 May 2010 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 4

I am planning on making some cookies for an upcoming bake sale. I have never decorated cookies with fondant but am excited to try. I have heard stories of fondant cakes stored in a plastic container that ended up melting/dissolving. Can that happen to cookies if I place them in a cookie bag (plastic). I am planning on putting one cookie per bag for the bake sale but is that even safe with fondant? How do you all do it?
Thanks

3 replies
linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 6 May 2010 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 4

It is fine, I bag fondant covered cookies all the time. I usually decorate them in the morning, let them sit out the rest of the day. Store them in a plastic container, like one of those cake carriers you can get at Walmart for about $6, overnight. Layer them in between wax paper.

The next day, you can bag them, put a topper on, or twist tie or seal, however you want to do it. You can even freeze them at this stage. If you do, just let them sit on the counter until defrosted.

Have lots of fun with the fondant, it is a blast thumbs_up.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 May 2010 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 4

you'll be fine, I think the problem comes when people put the fondant on when the cookies are hot and then transfer them to a container when there is still some "warmth" on them.......then you get condensation issues and the fondant starts to melt.

Let the fondant set up til it's firm before you bag, 3 hr. at LEAST.

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 6 May 2010 , 8:50pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much!!! I can't wait to try it now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%