Just Had To Laugh At This Call...

Decorating By sweetflowers Updated 6 May 2010 , 7:40pm by cylstrial

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 6 May 2010 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 4

I got a call from our local cake shop at 7PM last night, since I teach there I get lots of those. I guess a customer had come in asking how to do a pillow cake and I was teaching one at the end of the month. The sales girl put the customer on the phone and she tells me she is wanting 2 pillows (stacked on top of each other) with a cinderella shoe for her youngest daughters birthday for Friday. I told her how to carve the cake, but then she says...'so you can do it for me?" icon_eek.gif Umm...no...I told her I don't have time, 'but what if I make the cakes for you" Ummm...no.... I can imagine me trying to work on someone elses cake and what it might look like.

I told her I have a full time job, so I wouldn't even be home to work on it until after 5pm. She still pleaded with me to do it...ummm..no... I asked her if she had tried a bakery, yeah, too late of notice.. well...there you go... I felt like asking her if her daughters birthday changed from year to year and that was why she didnt' know when it was this year... icon_confused.gif

Can you imagine? I never thought I would get one of those calls, especially since I don't sell cakes. I'm glad I didn't ask her what her budger was, I probably would have burst out laughing. My husband said to charge $500 and take the day off of work...somehow I don't think she would have paid that....

3 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 6 May 2010 , 7:28pm
post #2 of 4

maybe, maybe not ... but it would have probably gotten her off the phone pretty quick! icon_lol.gif

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 6 May 2010 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 4

I talked with the shop today, she wanted to pay $25 to $50. So bought a few supplies last night and is supposed to get more supplies from the shop today, they haven't seen her yet icon_rolleyes.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 May 2010 , 7:40pm
post #4 of 4

LOL! Wow. A budget of $25 to $50! And she wants 2 pillow cakes. People are just crazy! And has she not figured out yet, that sheet cakes are the only thing with a budget of $25-50?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%