Turning 102 Birthday Cake

Decorating By Echooo3 Updated 8 May 2010 , 1:06am by emrldsky

Echooo3 Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 8

I'm making a cake today for a lady that is turning 102. The only request was all white.

I have been making really small daisies to put on it and now hubby says that's sending the message of "pushing up daisies". Should I forgo the daisies? I am second guessing myself now.

I think it needs more than white cake, white icing and white filling.

Suggestions please?

7 replies
emrldsky Posted 6 May 2010 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echooo3

I'm making a cake today for a lady that is turning 102. The only request was all white.

I have been making really small daisies to put on it and now hubby says that's sending the message of "pushing up daisies". Should I forgo the daisies? I am second guessing myself now.

I think it needs more than white cake, white icing and white filling.

Suggestions please?

Can you maybe switch to making small blossoms instead of daisies? I think if they say all white, then go with all white, especially since it was the ONLY request. How big is the cake? If it's more than on tier, how about swags?

ctinaw Posted 6 May 2010 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 8

I think white on white cakes are beautiful. I can see what your husband is saying lol. How about roses? You could do many different sizes and just keep it elegant with roses I think.

Echooo3 Posted 6 May 2010 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 8

emrldsky, I'm not sure I understand small blossoms. Like rose buds? Can you give me an image?

Thank you everyone. It's just a 8" round 2 layers torted.

emrldsky Posted 6 May 2010 , 5:00pm
post #5 of 8

Something like this: http://www.bakerscups.com/images/Sugar Cherry blossom Display-Layla sugarflowers.jpg

Just a simple 5-petal cutter, use a ball tool on the edge of each petal, place in flower former or egg carton to cup. Easy-peasy!

Echooo3 Posted 6 May 2010 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks, cherry blossoms are a great idea.

I should be happy for an all white cake, i hate coloring icing!!

Thanks you eveyrone.

Echooo3 Posted 7 May 2010 , 10:34pm
post #7 of 8

Ran short on time, ending up doing white on white. White buttercream with white vines and white leaves.

What an honor to do a cake for someone turning 102!! I've posted a pictures in my "photos".

Thank you everyone for your help and for keeping me from putting on daisies, LOL.

emrldsky Posted 8 May 2010 , 1:06am
post #8 of 8

It turned out beautiful! Great job. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%