Advice Needed For Attaching Fresh Flowers To Weddng Cake!

Decorating By egensinnig Updated 9 May 2010 , 5:47am by Melissas_Cakes

egensinnig Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 4

I've searched CC but didn't find very much - what is the best way to attach fairly big flowers? ( peonies, roses) How long will they look good?

Any do's and dont's or general advice?

The customer showed me a picture of a cherry blossom cake and want it to look like that with peonies and roses icon_eek.gif
I've explained that we can translate the colours and the general "air" but we need to arrange the flowers differently......

3 replies
denetteb Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 4

If you go to google and search... fresh flowers on cakes cake central ...or ...flowers on cakes cake central...quite a few threads come up. Google seems to come up with better search options than if you search directly on cake central. I haven't done much myself but don't put the stems directly into the cake, use a flower pick, wrap in saran or put in a straw or something. Hope that gives you some more info.

egensinnig Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:36am
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the google idea - I'll try that!

Melissas_Cakes Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:47am
post #4 of 4

be very careful, certain flowers are toxic and can lead to GI distress, wilton sells something that you can stick the strem in and insert in the cake, if you are just setting the flowers on the top you can use wax paper as a border.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%