Getting A Puppy!

Lounge By SuzyNoQ Updated 11 May 2010 , 5:15am by SpecialtyCakesbyKelli

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:24pm
post #1 of 4

My dh's cousin's black lab had a litter of 8 puppies, we are getting a girl dog and about a month. I am ecited and nervous at the same time since I have never had a dog before (but dh has had dogs when he was growing up)
My daughter wants me to make a cake to celebrate. (I am thinking of making a dog bowl cake with puppie's name and coco puffs to look like dog food)

3 replies
nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 6 May 2010 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 4

Congratulations.

My pup (6 years old but an eternal puppy) was my first dog and it is so much fun.

If you get animal planet, look for "it's me or the dog". she gives such wonderful advice on training.

Anie2 has some wonderful vid's on making fondant dogs. I did my own puppy (in my pics)

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 6 May 2010 , 10:05pm
post #3 of 4

Congratulations! I think puppies/dogs are wonderful companions who help to make home "home"

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 11 May 2010 , 5:15am
post #4 of 4

Oh I LOVE Labs.... I've had about 4 over my lifetime. They are wonderful dogs, but be prepared.....they LOVE to chew. On anything and everything. Came home one day and mine had eaten his igloo dog house......no kidding. Also chewed a hole through the chain link fence so he could get out........this was after we started putting a clip on the latch of the gates because he was smart enough to push the latch up with his nose! This dog also learned how to count! I could tell him a number and he would bark that many times, he would go to the fridge and get a drink out for me, and play hide and seek. There's no limit on what they can learn. Just put everything away so she can't get her mouth on it lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%