Anyone Use Cakestackers?

Decorating By cakedout Updated 6 May 2010 , 8:15pm by leily

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 6 May 2010 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone used the CakeStackers system yet? I just browes thru her website and it looks amazing, but I wanted some feedback from decorators as to how it worked out for them. I also would be interested to know how the caterers cutting the cake felt about it! icon_wink.gif

And how much is it?

thanks-

6 replies
nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 6 May 2010 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 7

I have not used them. But, what is the website, I would like to see them. And will be interested in the answers you get.
Thanks

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 6 May 2010 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 7

cakestackers.com is the site. Watch the video....she turns a stacked cake completely upside down!

The only thing I don't like is the plate on the top with the wing-nut. icon_confused.gif Guess you'd cover that with flowers or whatever. Perhaps it's an optional thing.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 May 2010 , 4:27pm
post #4 of 7

I think the plate and wingnut is just IF you want to flip your cake upside down!

I have a cake safe which is along the same concept only it's all contained in a box (one less thing to worry about)

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 6 May 2010 , 4:28pm
post #5 of 7

It just looks a little too involved, with all of the little pieces. I can't even imagine having to deal with getting all of those pieces and rods back from a caterer, always having to order their special pre-punched cake boards (or taking the time and effort to line up and punch out multiple holes on each board). Plus the hassle of tracking and returning security deposits... just no worth it to me. I want to drop my cake off and be done with it!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 May 2010 , 6:33pm
post #6 of 7

I agree, that's why I love my cake safe because there is no INTERNAL stuff going on........I unbox the cake, stick it on the table, and LEAVE!

I'm curious how much those things are though......they don't even say. They have a whole pricing page with NO prices!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 6 May 2010 , 8:15pm
post #7 of 7

here is a recent post obout the same topic, may be some more helpful information here for you.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-679022-.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%