Has Anyone Been To Bora Bora?

Lounge By neecerator Updated 28 Jun 2010 , 4:10pm by veghed

neecerator Posted 6 May 2010 , 1:35pm
post #1 of 3

We are hoping to go next year, and are gathering facts and doing research. Best place to stay, pricing, flights, etc.?

2 replies
SugarFiend Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 3

*gasp* OMG, Bora Bora is my favorite place in the WORLD!

I went for my honeymoon (10 years ago), and stayed at the Pearl Beach Resort in a deep overwater bungalow. Loved it, loved it, LOVED it. Although I must "warn" you, we almost went stomping off to the front desk to complain at first, and here is why...

When we first arrived at our bungalow, we looked down through our glass coffeetable and could see the sand through the water below. WHAT??? We were supposed to have a DEEP overwater bungalow - not just an overwater bungalow, gosh darn it!!!

But then we went off our back porch into the water - thinking it would be ankle-deep - and discovered that it was INDEED deep water. It was just so clear that you could actually see grains of sand through about 5 feet of water or more. Absolutely NO complaint was necessary.

Pricing is out of this world, though. We found that the most cost effective way to get there was a package through a travel agency. It was nearly double the price to book flight and hotel separately.

Funny I saw your post now. We always said we'd go back for our 10th anniversary...

veghed Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 3

That is my #1 "vacationy" place I want to go. It's out of our budget right now, though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%