Sometimes I Really Want To Inform Clients

Business By love2makecakes Updated 4 Jun 2010 , 3:08am by Mabma80

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 25 May 2010 , 8:43pm
post #121 of 127

Melnick, other than size, that doesn't sound all that different from a US wedding in the Northeast. Typically 100-200 people, with a cocktail hour and full dinner - could never in a million years imagine giving guests something lesser than the bride and groom were eating, that is the exception not the norm. Not sure what the cost is now, but 13 years ago, it was $75-$200 per plate, the venue provided the cake (flowers, photographer, limo, etc. were all extra). If budget is an issue, the guest list is limited, but guests are not deprived of being served decent food and drink.

mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 3:10am
post #122 of 127

I just came across this one Yahoo Answers and thought it fit in nicely with the theme of this thread...it starts out "How Much of a Profit Should I Make Off My Wedding"...
Yikes.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ArvCMQWXmgiLKaaP1dDKg28D53NG;_ylv=3?qid=20100601193722AAgcUUC

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 3:26am
post #123 of 127

I loved these 2 answers:

You should have stood at the door with a baseball bat and threatened to whack people if they didn't cough up.

and this one:

Profit? Gee and here I've been all these years thinking a wedding was all abut two people getting married....never realised it as a money making venture.

Ahem...wedding gifts are a tradition however they are NOT mandatory and no where in any wedding etiquette book does it say the cost of the gift should equal the price of your plate of food.......

Unbelieveable......

BTW: the 2nd poster's name is: Garnet Glitter's No BS Zone

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 3:33am
post #124 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiecast

..... and no where in any wedding etiquette book does it say the cost of the gift should equal the price of your plate of food.......

I read somewhere (on a CC thread?) the question:

How does a guest even KNOW how much a bride is spending per person on a wedding?

Are we suppose to call the bride and ask her???? icon_confused.gif
Do we figure just the cost of food or are the guests suppose to figure ALL of the expenses (which is what it sounds like this bride was doing)?

Just makes you feel sorry for the groom, doesn't it?

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:16am
post #125 of 127

Manners never go out of stye.

It's as if nowadays brides are trying to one up each other to have the "best" wedding and passing the cost on to us guests!

I got invited to a close family's wedding but due to the fact that I live an ocean away I couldn't go. The bride's (the in-law to be) aunt messaged me saying that since I couldn't come I SHOULD just buy a gift from the registry on line or send a cheque to the B & G. She said the same thing about a shower present (that since I couldn't be there I should just send a gift). Since when did giving presents become mandatory??? I had every intention of sending them something but I after I was made to feel OBLIGATED to choose from her (very expensive) registry, I lost my enthusiasm. What a turn off.

I was told that at their (very expensive) wedding the cake was 5 tiers tall but it wasn't served. They had a fake cake with a small insert of real cake and only the B & G had cake. Everyone else was served A PIECE OF CHOCOLATE. Ugh!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:40am
post #126 of 127

In every invitation the bride is supposed to send a bill for the expenses she expects to have reimbursed, doesn't she know that?

Mabma80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mabma80 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 3:08am
post #127 of 127

Those kinds of people usually just want the gifts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%