Probably Will Not Get New Cricut Cake

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 7 May 2010 , 1:16pm by LindaF144a

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 6 May 2010 , 4:25am
post #1 of 5

I almost got one but I have pretty much decided not too. There seems to be lots of trouble getting it to work right. What I do not like is your fondant cutout have to be paper thin. It would be nice if you had the option to cut them thicker. For instance if you were cutting out a baby buggy and you wanted to dry it as use it as a topper.

4 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:08am
post #2 of 5

Yeah I don't really have the money right now, and so far I've been doing okay just decorating how I'm already doing it.

THECAKEPLACE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEPLACE Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:11am
post #3 of 5

I am not going to get one...I am getting an cricut expression!!! Apparently it works just as well

ctinaw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctinaw Posted 7 May 2010 , 6:21am
post #4 of 5

fondant only needs to be about a nickel's width thin. i think gumpaste needs to be a bit thinner though. it does take some patience.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 7 May 2010 , 1:16pm
post #5 of 5

I decided not to get one yet either. I was going to, but realized that it is too soon for me as my cake decorating expertise level is beginner. If I got it right now it would just collect dust while I still try to learn how to ice a cake, pipe something more than course 1 Wilton techniques (which I still need to practice to get even good looking). Then there is gumpaste flowers that I want to learn, using fondant, and etc.

To me Cricut cake decorating is advanced and I'm still a rank beginner, which is a little below beginner. icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif At least the cakes are tasting good! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%