Satin Ice Gum Paste On Cricut Cake - Big Issues

Decorating By scWMI Updated 6 May 2010 , 2:55am by rvercher23

scWMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scWMI Posted 6 May 2010 , 2:29am
post #1 of 4

Ok - I am using Satin Ice on my Cricut Cake machine - rolled it just as thin as what I would for flowers (paste machine - down to the fourth setting), and let it sit out for about 30 minutes before I cut it so it won't pull away and get stuck. (I have seen this is several forums for the Cricut Cake) The Cricut DESTROYED it. I made 6 cuts and got 1 design I could use. I know how to use this machine - I've used an Expression with paper forever and never had a problem. Anyone have any tips? If i don't get this figured out VERY quickly, I will be sending it back.

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 May 2010 , 2:44am
post #2 of 4

Hi, i don,t have the machine yet. Nor the expression. I have been reading alot on this . I have linda mcclure'd dvd"s on it all. Go to Thecuttingedge.com and they have their g/p recipe on their site. I think her name is jennifer atwood. She is a member here. She gives great details on the cake cricut and expression. hth Just look up her name on this site and go from there.

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 6 May 2010 , 2:45am
post #3 of 4

I roll Satin Ice very, very thin. (thin enough that I could see the circles on the mat thru the fondant) I also add tylose. I wait 15-20 minutes before cutting and it works great. Wilton'n fondant has been easier for me to use. Just roll it out of the package and wait 15-20 min before cutting. No tylose or anything else needed. Good luck icon_biggrin.gif Also play with the speed and the preasure.

Edit: I use satin ice fondant and wilton fondant. Not the gumpaste.

rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 6 May 2010 , 2:55am
post #4 of 4

I have only used satin ice gumpaste so far, and it has worked perfectly. I roll my gumpaste out paper thin, then I grease my mat, put the gumpaste on it and roll it out more, until it doesnt stretch or move anymore on the mat, then I let it set out for an hour and a half, then just set what I want to cut, and cut. I cut out 75 2-inch letter E's, and 75 1 1/2 inch swirls. It didnt mess up at all. HTH!!! GL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%