I Need Advice Please...

Decorating By Paige_Pittman86 Updated 7 May 2010 , 3:29am by Paige_Pittman86

Paige_Pittman86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paige_Pittman86 Posted 6 May 2010 , 12:35am
post #1 of 9

Okay if any of you creative people can loan me some of your creative ideas for a cake i would be very very thankful. My mother is throwing a baby shower for one of her employees wife and she is a big time Twilight fan my mother thinks should would like a Twilight baby shower and asked me to make a cake now i am 100% newbie to the cake world and i just play around with it. I don't even know how to use fondant yet. But i do have the basics down... I think. anyways my question is can anybody else think of a Twilight themed baby shower cake?? Any tips and advice would be WONDERFUL. My mind keeps going to the 4th book when Bella is pregnant and she keeps talking about her little nudger, but that's all i got.. Thank you in advance!

8 replies
3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 6 May 2010 , 12:44am
post #2 of 9

What kind of decorating are you most comfortable with? Can you paint on fondant? Do you want to do a buttercream design?

There are many Twilight cakes to get ideas from that you could add either a molded gum-paste baby to, or incorporate some baby shoes or something.

If you are comfortable painting on fondant, maybe Edward holding a baby?

It's really going to depend on your ability/and or comfort level.

I'd peruse the galleries first and get the Twilight theme down....see what you feel you can do.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 6 May 2010 , 1:41am
post #3 of 9

I know pretty much nothing about the books but perhaps a fondant baby (using a mold to make it as simple as possible for you) wearing a vampire cake; maybe little fangs on the baby?

I'm probably way off base because I haven't read the books. icon_smile.gif

Paige_Pittman86 Posted 6 May 2010 , 12:20pm
post #4 of 9

I am very new at all of it so i just figured i would use butter cream icing because i tried the whole fondant and gum paste thing and i wasnt good because i have no clue what i am doing with that.. but thank yall for your tips ill look into the twilight cakes and see what all they have other than some apples and chess pieces. i might can just use the colors. red, black, and white and do something like welcome little nudger or something.. she would know what it was about other people might not.

lilium141 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilium141 Posted 6 May 2010 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 9

This my first post here. Congrats it's a wonderful site. Don't know if it's the correct place for my post.
I need your advice. I want to make a cake for mom. I have ready gumpaste flowers. The colours are ivoire and brown. The problem is we don't like the taste of gumpaste, too sweet! This is the reason I won't use gumpaste, for the top of the cake.
What can I use for the top of the cake? Maybe icing? Will it be such a nice as gumpaste?
What colour and how can I create the cake looking nice?
Your help - advice will be thankful!

Paige_Pittman86 Posted 6 May 2010 , 7:23pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilium141

This my first post here. Congrats it's a wonderful site. Don't know if it's the correct place for my post.
I need your advice. I want to make a cake for mom. I have ready gumpaste flowers. The colours are ivoire and brown. The problem is we don't like the taste of gumpaste, too sweet! This is the reason I won't use gumpaste, for the top of the cake.
What can I use for the top of the cake? Maybe icing? Will it be such a nice as gumpaste?
What colour and how can I create the cake looking nice?
Your help - advice will be thankful!

I wish i could be some help but i havent got that far yet.. i though most people use fondant to put on the cake but i dont know i need to find a place in here that tell all the tricks people have learned while doing cakes. i alwasy thought it would be something really fun to do but their are so many AMAZING people with their work i have seen on here that i dont think ill ever get there. the whole reason i even go into it was my parents own a wedding rental business and they thought it would be neat to offer wedding cakes also butttt i dont see myself getting there i need more practice and a 1 on 1 teacher and i dont mean the ones at hobby lobby because i need hands on learning not go home make a cake and bring it back. anyways good luck with your cake i might finally post some of my practice cakes on here

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 6 May 2010 , 11:01pm
post #7 of 9

Cake w/ a sparkly baby on it?

Sorry, haven't read the books or seen the movies.

Melissas_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissas_Cakes Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:13am
post #8 of 9

I'm not a huge Twilight fan but if your not comfortable w/ fondant, you can cover your cake in "crusting buttercream." It's not as pretty as fondant but it will give your cake a nice smooth appearance. You can maybe incorporate an apple on the cake. You can mold fondant or gumpaste into any shape you like. Or you can buy molds at a craft store in candy aisle. Sometimes the soap/candle making aisles have plastic molds that are safe to use with food as well. You can use candymelts in these trays. Good luck.

Paige_Pittman86 Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:29am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissas_Cakes

I'm not a huge Twilight fan but if your not comfortable w/ fondant, you can cover your cake in "crusting buttercream." It's not as pretty as fondant but it will give your cake a nice smooth appearance. You can maybe incorporate an apple on the cake. You can mold fondant or gumpaste into any shape you like. Or you can buy molds at a craft store in candy aisle. Sometimes the soap/candle making aisles have plastic molds that are safe to use with food as well. You can use candymelts in these trays. Good luck.

hey thank you yea i think i am going to just do my best and not freak out over it.. i just wanted it to turn out really great because she has nobody else to throw a shower for her she doesnt really have alot so i wanted everything to look really nice since she wont really have another one

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%