Egg Free Cake

Baking By luv2cook721 Updated 6 May 2010 , 3:13pm by ctinaw

luv2cook721 Posted 5 May 2010 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 6

I have an inquiry for an egg free cake for a little boy who is allergic to eggs. I haven't ever made an egg free cake other than a wacky cake. Any suggestions, advice. I saw an egg replacement recipe has anyone tried this, what was your experiance?

5 replies
JGMB Posted 5 May 2010 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 6

I have a recipe for a vegan cake which, of course, contains no eggs. The only problem is that you'd have to buy all of the specialty ingredients for just one cake. Let me know if you want the recipe, though.

luv2cook721 Posted 6 May 2010 , 2:11am
post #3 of 6

If it comes to it I will make the wacky cake I think, I just wanted to see if the egg substitute works so I could offer the other flavors. I suppose I could whip up a sample, I just don't have tons of time.

Jaimelt76 Posted 6 May 2010 , 2:29am
post #4 of 6

My son use to have a friend that was allergic to eggs so every treat that I made was egg free. Sometimes the egg replacers would work sometimes they would not. It depended on the flavor that I was making. I have not made an egg free cake for a couple years now as my Son is in a diffrent class now than the friend so I don't remember what flavors worked.
I do have the vegan cupcake book and some other vegan cookbooks if you are looking for a certain flavor I can send you a recipe. I purchased all of these books in the case I would have to make one again.

luv2cook721 Posted 6 May 2010 , 2:51am
post #5 of 6

I will e-mail the mom and see if she has any preference.

Quote by @%username% on %date%