Crusting Buttercream That Does Not Need To Be Refridgerated

Baking By toreylynn Updated 7 May 2010 , 4:23am by toreylynn

toreylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toreylynn Posted 5 May 2010 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 7

hello i am looking for a crusting buttercream recipe that i can make in mass amounts and keep in 5 gal. buckets, that does not require being refridgerated...i was buying it from work but would like to try making my own i have a 20qt commercial mixer that i would like to get a little more use out of too lol thanks so much in advance!!!

6 replies
liha21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liha21 Posted 5 May 2010 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 7

I LOVE sugarshacks bc. It freezes great, doesn't need refrigerated, and is amazing to work with! The recipe is on here.

badkitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badkitty Posted 5 May 2010 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 7
dtdonnahoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dtdonnahoo Posted 5 May 2010 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 7

I use Wilton's buttercream and use water instead of milk. I don't refrigerate it and it lasts great!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 5 May 2010 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 7

I use Indydebi's buttercream and even with the milk it requires no refrigeration. thumbs_up.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 6 May 2010 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 7

The powdered sugar + fat recipes do not require refrigeration (except for the cream cheese frostings). The fat can be butter or shortening or both and milk/cream can be included and it is still fine out of the fridge.

toreylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toreylynn Posted 7 May 2010 , 4:23am
post #7 of 7

thank you everyone hopefully i will get to try one of these this weekend...i am excited may is turning out to be a super busy month for me!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%