Freshness! Help Some Advise.

Decorating By CakesByAdriana Updated 5 May 2010 , 4:02pm by CakesByAdriana

CakesByAdriana Posted 5 May 2010 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 4

Just wondering ..... If I have a cake for Sat. delivery is it to early to start on Wed. or Thurs. Just wondering if it will affect freshness.
I made the cakes a few days ago, froze them. I am thawing them out today and would like to ice with BC and then cover them in fondant.
I am assuming that they should be OK as the fondant usually keeps the freshness in.

Any help, tips, advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 replies
Jeep_girl816 Posted 5 May 2010 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 4

I almost always bake on Wed or Thurs for Sat/Sun cakes. The fondant does seal them, they should be fine.

KHalstead Posted 5 May 2010 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 4

I always bake on wednesday, fill, crumb coat on Thurs. , Decorate on Fri. deliver saturday!

You'll be fine!!! Once they're iced or covered in fondant they are fresh for up to 5 days if they remain uncut and unrefrigerated!

( I have tasted cake that was 2 weeks old and uncut and it was fabulous! The icing got crumbly and hard though, so that's why I tell people 5 days!)

CakesByAdriana Posted 5 May 2010 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much! I usually do the same, bake on Wed, ice and cover on Thurs and Decor on Fri. But I am actually icing and covering today, just want to be safe, don't want to compromise freshness and taste. I have 4 detailed cakes for this Sat and I want to make sure I will be on time and actually get some sleep. LOL

WOW KHalstead 2 weeks ... almost sounds gross. LOL

Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%