Making A Three Tier Cake To Look Like Books Stacked

Decorating By Jewells1 Updated 5 May 2010 , 2:36pm by jobueno

Jewells1 Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 2

Dear anybody who will help me, URGENT,
Making a three tier cake to look like stacked books. Does anyone have some tips, secrets on how to form the cake itself to look like books or do I just carve the cake itself. I have one pan that looks like an open bood and will be using that too but have to make other books on my own.
I have to have this completed by tomorrow morning, Thursday, May 6th, for Teachers Appreciation Banquet for two schools. Really appreciate any input, I can get.

Thanks so much Donna icon_cry.gif

1 reply
jobueno Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 2

Jewells1, Welocome to CC!
No need to panic. You can do this with sheet cakes pans. Does the size of the books matter? if not this is what you do:

Bake and cool your cakes. Cut the cake in rectangular shapes. Fill your cakes. Before you crumb coat trin one of the long sides of your rectangle to simulate the bind of the book. Now crumb coat with a little extra icing on the other three sides. You can use a fork to make the pages of the book.
Roll out some fondant just enough to cover the top and bind of the book and apply that. ny excess can be cut with scissors you want just a little over the edge (1/8 inch) this is your cover.
To make the bottom cover roll out a rope of fondant and lay it around the bottom part of the book. Make sure it's not too thick.

You will do the same for the other books. then you dowel and stack each one. To support all your books make sure you push a dowel through from top to bottom to support all of them from toppling over. Decorate as you please!!

Hope these instructions wren't too complicated. if you need anything else you can PM me I would be glad to help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%