Ann Getties Baby

Decorating By jclvs2 Updated 5 May 2010 , 2:32pm by msulli10

jclvs2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jclvs2 Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone, I have a baby shower coming up and I have the First Impressions baby mold. I have made it before but now I would like to get some ideas on how to make it look more like an Ann Getties baby. Can anyone help?? I thought of making gerber daisies and layer them and place baby in it but does it need more?? Please give any thoughts you may have! Thank you .

6 replies
Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:05pm
post #2 of 7

I would just do several layers of the biggest daisy cutter you can find and stick that baby right in the middle. Sounds super cute and easy. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif Did you see this cake? : http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1660745

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 7

the pea in a pod looks adorable also... and the hatching egg....

jclvs2 Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 7

Wow Thank you for responing so quickly! I have not seen that cake Mug-a-Bug! How cute! It's not in my favs. Thats what I was thinking. Now seeing it... it doesn't look like it needs anything more. And I just joined the Anne Geddes Community on line to get further inspiration and I saw the pea in a pod dails4joe thank you for that idea. Thanks again both of you! I will post my cake when completed. Shower is not for a couple weeks yet. Happy baking an thanks again ladies!! thumbs_up.gif

jclvs2 Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:21pm
post #5 of 7

Oooops! I ment it is NOW in my Favorites!!!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:24pm
post #6 of 7

here is a good one from sugar teachers

http://sugarteachers.blogspot.com/2008/11/sugarbabies.html

(scroll down a little bit past this weeks tutorial to see it )

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:32pm
post #7 of 7

I made a Ladybug baby for an AnnGeddes themed babyshower.
I basically just put fondant on where I thought it should go. You can see it in my pics.
It wasn't difficult.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%