Jam On Cricut Software

Decorating By Grinolly Updated 5 May 2010 , 6:57pm by ctinaw

Grinolly Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 10

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody has got this problem.

When you press the stop on your cricut cake (as you realise it isn't cutting well), does it get jam and you have to press the on/off button? (something like force quit the machine)

Mine happens quite frequently..... I'm worried that the software is buggy.....

Or should I not stop it and just let it finish cutting, even though it is tearing the gp/fondant, etc?

9 replies
ctinaw Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:55pm
post #2 of 10

I'm not sure what you mean. If you stop it - you stop it intentionally, which wouldn't be the same as it jamming. If it starts pulling yes - press stop right away, then unload mat is what I've been doing. Then reload and try again in a clean spot.

Grinolly Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 10

Hi,

I stop it intentionally... then it stops, and nothing happens. It just hanged. I can't press any buttons, except to force quit it.... It doesn't happen all the time.... but pretty often...

rltmeng Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:15pm
post #4 of 10

This has happened to me a number of times also. I have the expression.

metria Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 10

i have the expression as well and there's been a couple times were it acts up funny.

i have had it hang and had to power cycle it.

one time it was repositioning the blade to start a new cut, but it kept the blade down for some reason ... made a big slash as it moved to its new starting position.

lis73 Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 10

Yes OP it has happened to me too. I have to power it off or it just sits/hangs. Better that than waste an entire sheet. Although with the taste of the frosting sheets, that may not be a bad thing. icon_razz.gif

jewels710 Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:57pm
post #7 of 10

Sounds like a HUGE flaw and headache for such an expensive piece of equipment.

Grinolly Posted 5 May 2010 , 3:20pm
post #8 of 10

I hope there will be no more glitches....

metria Posted 5 May 2010 , 4:10pm
post #9 of 10

i have only used my expression occasionally, but it seems like if you interrupt it while it's doing something, it has a higher chance of getting confused. i've cancelled a cut through SCAL and had to power cycle the machine as well.

ctinaw Posted 5 May 2010 , 6:57pm
post #10 of 10

I'd call provo about it - maybe they'll replace

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%