Chocolate Rolled Cookies?

Baking By Spectra Updated 10 May 2010 , 1:22pm by cookiemookie

Spectra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spectra Posted 5 May 2010 , 12:02pm
post #1 of 12

Hey everyone, I was looking to make the Chocolate Rolled Cookies from Kitchengifts.com and it says to use strong coffee or chocolate liqueur. For those of you that have used this recipe which do you prefer?

11 replies
TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 5 May 2010 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 12

I am still tweaking to come up with a chocolate cookie recipe that I like, but I did try that with both options, using Godiva liqueur. I much preferred the strong coffee over the liqueur. Coffee helps bring out the depth of the chocolate. I found the liqueur not to be as effective in doing so. What I would like to do now is find a recipe that incorporates melted chocolate as well as I think that will add richness.

Spectra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spectra Posted 5 May 2010 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 12

Mmm, melted chocolate would be ideal! Thanks so much Tracy!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 May 2010 , 1:04pm
post #4 of 12

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-ever-chocolate-cutout-cookies/detail.aspx

These cookies are awesome........almost NO spreading at all (rolled to 1/4" thick) and if you don't overbake them, they taste like fudgey brownies .....mmmmmmmmm so good!

Here is a pic so you can see how nice and dark the dough is, I love these cookies!
LL

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 6 May 2010 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 12

I like the borwnie rollout cookies from Smitten Kitchen.

TracyLH Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:32pm
post #6 of 12

Oh, thank you both!!!! This is so very much appreciated!!

KHalstead - Those are just too, too cute! icon_biggrin.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:09am
post #7 of 12

Ironically enough, i just tried the brownie roll out cookie recipe today. They taste amazing but are slightly difficult to decorate. Because they stay soft, i had a couple break off while i was holding them to ice.

TracyLH Posted 7 May 2010 , 10:30am
post #8 of 12

luv2bake6 - Oh, that is very good to know. I ship a lot of my cookies, so I appreciate you passing that on.

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 8 May 2010 , 12:53pm
post #9 of 12

I was just looking for a rolled chocolate cookie recipe. Thanks khalstead.

Can I also just say you all are amazing and such an inspiration! I lurk alot and post every so often. Thank you to everyone for being so amazing and gratious. I feel like you are all friends.

Hugs,

frankdiabetes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 9 May 2010 , 8:28pm
post #10 of 12

I also use the brownie roll-out cookie recipe from Smitten Kitchen and I love it. It keeps its shape beautifully and while it does stay soft, I haven't had any problems with them falling apart. I've also shipped them successfully to Alaska; if you package them properly there should be no issues.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 10 May 2010 , 4:06am
post #11 of 12

I use the one posted by Punkinwaffles (hope I have that username right) here, they don't spread and have a great flavor.

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:22pm
post #12 of 12

I also love the pumpkinwaffles recipe!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%