Figurines!!!50/50 Fondant Gumpaste

Decorating By soledad Updated 6 May 2010 , 1:44am by BlackSheepCakes

soledad Posted 5 May 2010 , 6:39am
post #1 of 5

Pls, help!!!!
I did not know how hard are the figurines to is the first time and last time I am dealing with them! icon_cry.gif
I decided to make my mothers cake for sunday and to put on it figurines representing my family
I started at 10pm tonight and have only got one done icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
I should have only put flowers on it!!!!
I am going to rest now because it is ye

4 replies
BlackSheepCakes Posted 5 May 2010 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 5

im sorry. i feel your pain. im down visiting my family, in their VERY small, VERY rural country town. They have heard about the cakes ive made, and lastnight, i was asked to make a cake for sunday. I have nothing I use to decorate with me. I am trying to make a heart shapped cake out of a casserole dish, and buttercream flowers without wax paper or piping bags... icon_confused.gif

Ballymena Posted 5 May 2010 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 5

Figurines take a lot of time and practice and need to be made well ahead of time so they dry.
Don't give up.

soledad Posted 5 May 2010 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you both for your kind words! icon_smile.gif I do need a lot of practice and some drawing classes would also come in handy icon_redface.gif I tried to draw the eye lashes and they are awful!! icon_sad.gif But I think everything is not loss...because I can use them for halloween, what do you think?? icon_lol.gif I will use one, representing my mother or come to think of it I can buy one already made at my neighborhood bakery supply store!! icon_lol.gif For the moment I am changing plans I will be making a different kind of cake for my mother, no figurines!!!!

BlackSheepCakes Posted 6 May 2010 , 1:44am
post #5 of 5

that sounds like a plan, as long as no one knew your first plan, no one will know you changed ideas. The wonderful thing about making your own cakes, is that you can change whatever you want!

Quote by @%username% on %date%