How Do I Make A Dog Cake Not Look Juvenile??

Decorating By cakemamaP Updated 6 May 2010 , 12:51am by Kitagrl

cakemamaP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemamaP Posted 5 May 2010 , 5:09am
post #1 of 6

One of my cakes for next week is for a lady celebrating her 25th anniversary with the company my husband works for and they asked if I could make a cake. she loves dogs!! I feel at a loss, all the cakes I've seen with dogs look kind of juvenile...except I saw one of a dog sleeping on a pillow which was really cute, but I'm not sure I'm capapble of a pillow like that. Anyone have any ideas how to make a cake with dogs incorporated look more mature????

5 replies
mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 5 May 2010 , 5:23am
post #2 of 6

what about a cake shaped like a bone (small hearts on the ends of a long thin shape) on a billow (yes, BILLOW) of white, with jewels or something around it?

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 5 May 2010 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 6

What about incorporating a doggy door and just have the back half of the dog sticking out. Maybe a collar and leash on the top and looped and hanging down. Then you could have little doggy doors all around the sides of the cake with alternating front and back halves of the dog sticking out. Maybe a saying somewhere "25 years is no walk in the park, but you made it!"

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 5 May 2010 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 6

OMG!!! That is the CUTEST idea ever!!!!!! I'm totally stealing it!!!!!

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 6 May 2010 , 12:43am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

OMG!!! That is the CUTEST idea ever!!!!!! I'm totally stealing it!!!!!

Make sure to post pics of it! I'd love to see how it compares to my mental image. icon_biggrin.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 6 May 2010 , 12:51am
post #6 of 6

Just work from a real photo and concentrate on making the face, especially the eyes, as lifelike as you can. I have several in my pix....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%